Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
yea they went android forgetting that there are tons of android tablets out there...they needed a new platform... Meego with Alien Dalvik would have been great for them..

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
He was right about one thing though, there is NO innovation on the tablet and smartphone market atm, just small hardware increments.

There is nothing that i want to spend my money on.
For me that includes the Grid 10.

But I do like some of the Asus products...

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Maj3stic View Post
The phone intrigues me it has similarities to Wp7 and other things like you guys have mentioned but nonetheless it is still different from whats on the market. I like different hence my purchases of the n810 and n900. I think I will purchase it while I'm waiting for my N9 since i have some money to blow :P.
This is hilarious...
http://www.fusiongarage.com/grid-4/features
There Is Just Nothing Like It.

Nothing else is like it. Innovative. Striking. Unique. The Grid4 stands alone. A new design. Features and functionality not found elsewhere. Powered by the amazing GridOS. You will never think of phones in the same way again. See for yourself.
Is it just me... or doesn't it looks VERY much like the original Motorola Droid from almost two years ago? Even the 5mp camera... and although the screen is slightly larger, it's a lower resolution than the Droid at 854x480. The lack of a slide-out keyboard, faster processor and RAM are about the only real differences, outside the OS... Oh right--same OS, too. So basically, it's a lower-res, keyboardless but faster Motorola Droid?

Compare:
Motorola Droid A855: http://developer.motorola.com/products/droid/
Fusion Garage Grid 4: http://www.fusiongarage.com/grid-4/tech-specs

How is the Grid 4 "NOTHING LIKE IT?"

Edit: Although, I didn't see that before--a front-facing camera. That's kinda cool--but what apps will work with it? For that matter... what Android version is their OS compatible with? Android 2.2? 2.3? 3.x? 4?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2011-08-15 at 21:27.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post

Edit: Although, I didn't see that before--a front-facing camera. That's kinda cool--but what apps will work with it? For that matter... what Android version is their OS compatible with? Android 2.2? 2.3? 3.x? 4?
One thing's for sure, they better start working to get Ice Cream to both of these devices if they wanna stay alive for more than 10 minutes this time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Grid 10 vs Asus Transformer

Grid 10 - $499 - 16GB
CPU - Nvidia Tegra II 1.2Ghz Dual Core

RAM - 512MB

Display Type
10.1" TFT LCD (1366 x 768)
4 points Capacitive Touch Panel

Transformer - $399 - 16GB
CPU - Nvidia Tegra II 1Ghz Dual Core - My Transformer is running @ 1.4GHz rock stable

RAM - 1GB

Display Type
10.1" IPS LED Backlight WXGA (1280x800)
10 finger multi-touch support
Scratch resistant glass - Gorilla Glass

As far as I'm concerned, the Transformer beats it on EVERYTHING including price.

The only thing the Grid 10 has that the Transformer doesn't is 3G. I don't need it.

Battery life is not mentioned, but I don't believe it comes close to the 10h+ I am getting on the Tablet alone.

Just a long list of FAIL!

Last edited by H3llb0und; 2011-08-16 at 00:43.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
saw a few gridos screenshots, it looks really unattractive. what the hell is that font? nokia sans is looking pretty good right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to keflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by keflex View Post
saw a few gridos screenshots, it looks really unattractive. what the hell is that font? nokia sans is looking pretty good right now.
I guess they figure that cutting off the bottoms of the characters somehow makes them look "futuristic"? I find it obnoxious to look at and immediately made me think something wrong with the font rendering until I realized they were doing it intentionally.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Since this has nothing to do w/ MeeGo or Harmattan, can this thread please be moved?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cesman For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by cesman View Post
Since this has nothing to do w/ MeeGo or Harmattan, can this thread please be moved?
Already requested. Name change happened; so be patient... like waiting for the release of Harmattan.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
There Is Just Nothing Like It.

Nothing else is like it. Innovative. Striking. Unique. The Grid4 stands alone. A new design. Features and functionality not found elsewhere. Powered by the amazing GridOS. You will never think of phones in the same way again. See for yourself.
Nothing Will Ever Look The Same Again.

Grid4 is just one big display. 4 inches of apps, high-resolution photos, movies, web pages, and more
Amazingly Sexy. Amazingly Sleek.

It will be hard to look away from a Grid4. It’s amazingly sexy. It’s amazingly sleek. There are no buttons. There are no curves. Its just 4 inches of all screen. The straight edges scream simplicity. It’s a triumph of honest design. The all-aluminum back is a nice touch. It’s shaped around the function with no artificial design. You will turn heads with a Grid4 in your hands
Sounds like bad apple.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
fusion garage, grid 10, internet tablet, move along, nothing to see, tabco, tablet talk, whoistabco