Active Topics

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think their advertising blitz was really successful in selling me the idea of a TabCo tablet. I'm absolutely ready to handover my money for that.

Unfortunately I'm not interested in Grid 10/4.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
^ exactly... their viral marketting stuff was really good..microsoft should learn/ hire them :P

As somebody who is looking for a tablet in the near future this has grabbed my attention. I don't see why so many people are against it.

When a full review comes out I will buy either this or the Asus eee pad transformer.

It certainly beats the playbook wich has barely any apps.

I had a hands on with the PlayBook and the Transformer back-to-back.
And boy, RIM has really made the best tablet UX so far, in a 7" tablet with one of the most featureset.

I wouldn't be so quick to write it off, but if you write off this Fusion Garage Grid 10 (mouthful!) I can relate.

Funnily enough when testing tablets the Playbook really did not impress me, I didn't spend much time on it and mostly used the Asus. I think the Playbook's small screen didn't help much.

i dont know if someone allready said this but acer is releasing a meego 10inch tablet at the tend of the year

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by vaporeso View Post
i dont know if someone allready said this but acer is releasing a meego 10inch tablet at the tend of the year
ehhhh.... but it's Acer--and everything that implies. :P
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by vaporeso View Post
i realise that being picky about meego products at this stage just seems ungrateful, but:

1. it needs to be 7" so i can pocket it.
2. it must NOT run x86 atom, too power hungry.

If acer can provide that i'm sold!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
1. it needs to be 7" so i can pocket it.
2. it must NOT run x86 atom, too power hungry.
http://meetmeego.org/2011/06/01/acer...ego-tablet-an/

And Atom chips are not power hungry anymore. already reaching into ARM spheres and Intel plans to be better than ARM chips in performance and power consumption by the end of 2012.

edit: that's what intel is planning. if they'll reach this goal is written on a different sheet. but they're working *really* hard to accomplish it.

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-08-17 at 11:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
http://meetmeego.org/2011/06/01/acer...ego-tablet-an/

And Atom chips are not power hungry anymore. already reaching into ARM spheres and Intel plans to be better than ARM chips in performance and power consumption by the end of 2012.

edit: that's what intel is planning. if they'll reach this goal is written on a different sheet. but they're working *really* hard to accomplish it.
cheers.

i could cope with atom provided the battery life was okay, but more generally x86 has no place in mobile devices, ARM will 'always' be a better option.

is that tablet 10"?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:

Tags
fusion garage, grid 10, internet tablet, move along, nothing to see, tabco, tablet talk, whoistabco