Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
@pierrem,
Try to play a song in the media player, pause it, then look at Qtlockscreen's album art and see if it appears.
Does not work, but I guess I know why: I use ogg files and the tracker needs some modification in order to acquire album art for these. Originally it only get album arts for mp3.
So I did those modifications, but qtlockscreen seems to rely on the files metadata to grab the album art, which my tracker version did not get from the ogg file when it registered it.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by pierrem View Post
Does not work, but I guess I know why: I use ogg files and the tracker needs some modification in order to acquire album art for these. Originally it only get album arts for mp3.
So I did those modifications, but qtlockscreen seems to rely on the files metadata to grab the album art, which my tracker version did not get from the ogg file when it registered it.
hey bro i am getting album art. its present only for some songs so i can only see for some or else it is blank...

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
@laith.m.y

Can you made the slider without the rectangle??

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ near Paris
hello, testing qtlockscreen makes often crashing qtlockscreen.
somebody can tell me how to relaunch quickly
many thanks

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by sakya View Post
In a text widget you can set the size, alignment refers to this size (it's the same for the DateTime widget)
Code:
[SlideToUnlockText]
SizeL="300;64"
SizeP="300;64"
PosL="center;430"
PosP="center;750"
Text="Slide to unlock"
Font=";14;bold;0"
Alignment="center"
Actually, what i meant was: for bounding box (text) alignment, there are possible combinations of alignment (clock-wise, x y):
top left, top center, top right, center right, bottom right, bottom center, bottom left, center left, and center center.

I see the size of a widget always as a bounding box. For example, if choose to create an image widget which size is160:80 but contains a icon which is only 48x48, any position (text or anything else) for such an widget would use the bounding box size coordinates) and not the real size of the icon contained.

In the above example text is centered only horizontally, but not vertically too. Seems i would have to play with the position to achieve this; which is not stellar cause if you change the font size you'll have to re-position it again. Am i right? And if the size i specify is too small for the chosen font size it would probably clip.

Basically, i cannot instantiate an SlideToUnlockbutton and an SlideUnlockText widget, both having exact same size and position, and expecting the slide to unlock text being centered horizontally as well as vertically behind the slider control.

For a demonstration, you can combine the positions shown here (horizontally and vertically) to get the idea:

EDIT sorry for posting all this in the wrong thread.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-08-19 at 21:12.

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
@don_falcone: I understand (I know that alignment is a combination of horizontal and vertical), I just made it "simpler", btw the text widget is vertically aligned to top (fixed in code) and the alignment set in the widget is used for horizontal alignment:
Code:
Qt::AlignTop | m_Alignment | Qt::TextSingleLine
Basically, i cannot instantiate an SlideToUnlockbutton and an SlideUnlockText widget, both having exact same size and position, and expecting the slide to unlock text being centered horizontally as well as vertically behind the slider control.
You're right, you just have to set the text position some pixel "down" the slide to unlock widget, but changing the font size you need to reposition the text widget.
I don't think this is a real problem (once the theme is done I don't think you change the font size every day).

Maybe I can change this behavior, but I should not break all the existing themes.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Because after booting my N900 again and finding every desktop item on the totally wrong screen / position, i made some alignment desktop backgrounds. They can be used for snapping to grid (manually). Find them attached, may be useful for adjusting lockscreens too.

@sakya: maybe just adding second position in "Alignment" key would be enough, so it becomes Alignment="center;center"?
Attached Files
File Type: zip n900-wallpaper-alignment-grids-8px.zip (81.0 KB, 144 views)

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-08-19 at 21:10.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by DJQwamii View Post
Stuff from around the thread + a dA wallpaper

Changelog
20/08 - Fixed spacing between notification icons (updated screenshots & Config-Resources ZIP)
hey mate great work over there, can we please have a one compatible with the latest qtlockscreen version ? with the weather and all ?

i need some help, in portrait mode i want it to unlock when sliding the slider downwards here is what i have

[SlideToUnlock]
SizeL="140;480"
SizeP="142;190"

PosL="right;30"
PosP="120;505"

SliderImage="/home/user/MyDocs/.lockbg/unlock1.png"

SliderPos="0;0"
#UnlockXL=340
UnlockXP=120
UnlockYL=310
#UnlockYP=105

it slides down fine but doesn't unlock

UnlockYP and UnlockYL (which is the distance the slider has to travel for the unlock to occur) have to be calculated from SizeP, likewise UnlockXP and UnlockXL from SizeL.

For my theme (which slides horizontally only), the values are:
SizeL="300;48"
SizeP="300;48"
UnlockXL="252"
UnlockXP="252"

300 - 48 = 252.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-08-20 at 09:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:

Tags
play'n_share