Active Topics

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
"Nokia ha inoltre dichiarato che l'hardware del Nokia N9 verrà probabilmente riutilizzato per altri smartphone."

What? They will/want use N9 hardware for other models (WP)?

Could someone from Italy translate this?

WTF is **** häppening?

Nokia also said that the hardware will probably be reused for Nokia N9 other smartphones

Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Nokia also said that the hardware will probably be reused for Nokia N9 other smartphones
This was "google-translate"... Could it be "probably Nokia reuse N9 hardware to other smartphones" - Can someone confirm which translation is correct?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Originally Posted by catbus View Post
So?

We don't want Iphone... We don't want marketplace... We want N9!
ugh, you're an idiot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I keep having to repeat this to people on these forums but... *sigh* here goes...
I told you so.
Nokia WILL screw you. I wouldn't bother wasting my money on the brand that pisses all over their customers repeatedly.

Nokia doesn't want to hear your gripes. So if you're STILL interested in buying one--you should be happy you can get one and shut your pie-hole and whistle a happy tune in your own corner while everybody else goes off and does fun or constructive stuff. I had hoped some OTHER manufacturer would come along to take up MeeGo but it looks like Nokia's pissed all over that brand enough (and Intel is doing so little for it) that it's looking bleak.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
It was rumored that the Iphone 5 would be released next month, around the time the N9 would be released. If the October date is real, then I suspect that the N9 may fare a teeny tiny bit better in the marketplace since it has a bit of a head start.
Don't hold your breathe,

Latest "speculation" for Australia is that it may not actually be available anywhere (retail channel/carriers) before October 1st.
Now Australia was long rumored as one of the 1st release regions. My original absolute deadline was Sept30... hrmzzzz

What is clear, is that this isn't a delivery problem anymore. We're clearly getting into "WP7x leg up" territory

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Funny how MeeGo's not getting the same love from MS that Belle is:

New apps by Microsoft
(IM app Lync, Sharepoint, OneNote, Exchange ActiveSync and PowerPoint Broadcaster)
An OS that's no longer being heavily developed after Belle, & will be totally phased-out in 2016.
So much for MeeGo being for future ****ing disruptions hey Elop?!

http://nokiagadgets.com/2011/08/24/i...symbian-belle/

Anyone wanna take bets that Symbian (despite being officially canned) will be around way longer than Nokia MeeGo?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
smoothing the way for WP only forever in the US
http://mynokiablog.com/2011/08/24/no...gets-new-look/

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Funny how MeeGo's not getting the same love from MS that Belle is:

An OS that's no longer being heavily developed after Belle, & will be totally phased-out in 2016.
So much for MeeGo being for future ****ing disruptions hey Elop?!

http://nokiagadgets.com/2011/08/24/i...symbian-belle/

Anyone wanna take bets that Symbian (despite being officially canned) will be around way longer than Nokia MeeGo?
Symbian is no Linux, MeeGo is. That should explain MS' behaviour here...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Microsoft officially said Linux is no enemy anymore

And with WP7 replacing Meego, they're right ;(

The Following User Says Thank You to Pillum For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Don't hold your breathe,

Latest "speculation" for Australia is that it may not actually be available anywhere (retail channel/carriers) before October 1st.
Now Australia was long rumored as one of the 1st release regions. My original absolute deadline was Sept30... hrmzzzz

What is clear, is that this isn't a delivery problem anymore. We're clearly getting into "WP7x leg up" territory
If that's true, in other countries it'll come even later...

Then I might have to get a Nokia 701 in the meantime, which is said to hit the market still in Q3 (that is by end of September) even in Germany.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????