Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
I do have busybox 1.19.0power3

The Following User Says Thank You to evan For This Useful Post:
So for now, You're only one having it working (almost) flawlesly after upgrading to kp48.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

was all the time checking the bluetooth bug mentioned.

my BH-504 did not disconnect while paused after 10 minutes
I have a BH-214 somewhere. I'll edit this later

EDIT:nope. BH-214 did not loose connection either.

Last edited by evan; 2011-08-27 at 20:38.

I still wonder what is behind mine bt problem.
Just reverted stock kernel - no sign of a problem; got kp48 back - same ****. Can it be some crazy combo of sth beyond kp that produce this bug only with kp installed?

Have you actually tried playing sth after this idle timeout? Because if you just checked the connection status - it doesnt show anything.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Does the new kernel-power-settings still support kp47? I think I'll go back to 47.

Originally Posted by Darkslayer View Post
Have you actually tried playing sth after this idle timeout? Because if you just checked the connection status - it doesnt show anything.
yes, first time, I resumed playing, from n900, second time I resumed from BH-214 play/pause button. I intend to test again resuming the other way around with both.
edit: tested both again. no connection lost.

Last edited by evan; 2011-08-28 at 05:33.

in qcpu freq cpu temp shows unknown.i hav just flashed N900 and install kp48 and qcpufreq

Originally Posted by evan View Post
i became root. started leafpad with no file from x-terminal.wrote something and saved as. no crash. what steps reproduce this?
me neither..

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
I can see segmentation fault with Leafpad, but only in sudo gainroot mode.
1) sudo gainroot -> leafpad -> save as -> segmentation fault
2) root -> leafpad -> save as -> OK

The Following User Says Thank You to Gusse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by evan View Post
no r&d enabled. maybe anything to do with busybox replacement? it had many updates recently.
I dont't think it has anything to do with the kernel.
we should be looking elsewhere
I'm wondering if this has something to do with the "save as" system dialog. What library set contains that underlying default dialog? Here's why I ask:

I've used FMMS for years now, and routinely save contained items with "save as" to rename them on the fly. I updated (v46 to v48) on Friday, and yesterday when trying to "Save as" in FMMS (as user), the device rebooted, three times in a row. Clicking "Save", and then just renaming it with file manager afterward worked fine. But "Save as" makes it reboot.

Maybe this isn't a root related thing at all, but more a library related thing? Maybe it's making a call in to a system/kernel level routine with a parameter that was marginally acceptable with v47 and prior, but is now causing a panic condition in v48?

I can confirm, the *only* update I made in the past couple weeks was from v46 to v48. I specifically avoided updating anything else since I wanted to give v48 a run through my normal routines, as I was worried it may not be quite stable yet (which is why I never updated to v47). Oh, and I don't have R&D mode enabled, nor do I have any updates for Busybox (nor do I have CSSU installed.)

Edit: Is leafpad python based, like FMMS? If so, maybe it's the way the python "Save As" default dialog is calling in that's causing the problem. Just a thought.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou