Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by medri View Post
Not too good for Harmattan ...
But a fair comparison. Wouldn't want a WP either.
User friendliness is nowdays understood as a synonym for stupid user compatibility. What I want to do is to be able to do my daily/hourly routines fluently. Even if it takes couple of days to figure out the best way of using the device. Of course optimal solution would support both stupid and power users, but such systems are rare if non-existent.

I just purchased a Galaxy Tab 10.1. I love it. The tablet I mean, not the OS. My daily routines are simple. I don't fancy lots of apps, just web, PDFs, email, random movies when travelling. I just want a god damn device that let's you do your stuff like you want. Android doesn't feel like it even though I haven't put lot's of effort to hacking it.

Last edited by naabi; 2011-08-29 at 10:45.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to naabi For This Useful Post:
interesting comparison between Harmattan and Windooze Phone:
Nokia Mobile Blog

Not a fair comparison at all and unless you've just robbed somebody's phone and are trying to make a free call I don't see how useful these "tests" are. When you know that a swipe from off screen to on-screen unlocks and know that you don't have your friends number saved because it's your bloody phone I don't see the difference. Also to whoever made that video and without wanting to sound like a pedantic idiot, it's "Sending" unless Seding has become a verb, in which case I recommend Awking.

Last edited by Cue; 2011-08-29 at 10:23.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Nokia Mobile Blog

So in 2 out of 3 of these tests a Nokia 100 would win hands down! I'd like to add 2 more test:

Test 4: Gaining root access.

Test 5: Changing the ringtone.

How did the N9 do vs WP7 now?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eMiL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
This just shows we need Nokia bubbles like lock screen that's all, simple. Point taken it should be fixed or available as an app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Nokia Mobile Blog

It is mostly a test of:
-How long users take to figure out to double-tap the screen (which IMHO is a better gesture, as it is less likely to be done accidentally than a swipe). On both platforms, users spent some time looking for a hardware button anyway ...
-How recognizable the icons for the 3 tested funcitons (with their size) are for first-time users. Inclusion of any more of the 21 functions on the default Harmattan app launcher screen would have changed the results significantly.

The 2nd test is skewed because the user seemed to be under the impression that their number was in the contacts on the phone (but this was not discounted ...).

In short, this is hardly a useful usability test at all. Of course, Nokia will probably take UI conventions/elements/icons to WP models anyway, so even if the tests were done well, they would be irrelevant regarding Nokia phones.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buchanmilne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
tests can be made to show what you want them to do, same with statistics. someone else may do a test and show a different story. take it for what it does for you not anyone else.

also on the whole tablet stuff. i don't see a point in them. it's like buying a moped when you can have a motorbike for the same price. or when you already have a motorbike. think only old Italian priest and nuns should use tablets just like mopeds

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Arctic Circle / Finland
I heard rumor that N9 sw has/had still cpl realease blocking bugs and is close to release.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by Jaekaelae View Post
I heard rumor that N9 sw has/had still cpl realease blocking bugs and is close to release.
where'd you hear those rumors? anywhere reliable?

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Looks like the N9 release has been put back to december.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
HAHAHA this is rich........

ND logo

You may have seen reports or received an email from us regarding a recent security breach on this developer.nokia.com/community discussion forum.

During our ongoing investigation of the incident we have discovered that a database table containing developer forum members' email addresses has been accessed, by exploiting a vulnerability in the bulletin board software that allowed an SQL Injection attack. Initially we believed that only a small number of these forum member records had been accessed, but further investigation has identified that the number is significantly larger.

The database table records includes members’ email addresses and, for fewer than 7% who chose to include them in their public profile, either birth dates, homepage URL or usernames for AIM, ICQ, MSN, Skype or Yahoo. However, they do not contain sensitive information such as passwords or credit card details and so we do not believe the security of forum members’ accounts is at risk. Other Nokia accounts are not affected.

We are not aware of any misuse of the accessed data, but we are communicating with affected forum members, though we believe the only potential impact to them may be unsolicited email. Nokia apologizes for this incident.

Though the initial vulnerability was addressed immediately, we have now taken the developer community website offline as a precautionary measure, while we conduct further investigations and security assessments. We hope to get the site back online as soon as possible and will post developments here in the meantime.

If you have any questions on this, please contact Nokia.developer-discussions-support@nokia.com.

The Nokia Developer website team.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????