Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Here are some touchbook v1 pictures:

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

The Mac on one of the pictures is Macbook 6,1
Thanks for the photos!

Is it sad that I've seen worse on mainstream laptops? >.< V2 definitely looks more polished than V1.

Originally Posted by canuckkat View Post
I'm not understanding your post here. I wasn't proposing to use the Smart Book for Cordia, but rather I want to get it and get Cordia working on it myself. Which is how other people have been doing with existing hardware/devices and want to use Meego on them, no?
So take my excuses, I've misunderstood You. If You, or particularly, anyone would manage to get Cordia/MeegoCE or any other real Meego core incarnation (open UI) on such things - without loosing any functionality of hardware parts - I'll be most happy penguin blessing you to no end
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by jcharpak View Post
Is there an online archive of the mailing list anywhere?
After some issues, we finally have it on Gmane: http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.cordia.devel

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
... where (at least I) can't find archive of mails before yesterday stuff... Or, it's only me doing it wrong way?

Also, it's little pity, that You've totally ignored posts, that appeared since Your last visit here, some with propositions. I know, time, personal life etc, but 1-2 pages isn't that much.

Maybe it's only me again, but this is starting to look dim...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I don't think it can retroactively archive.

Agreed. So, it's kinda useless for our current request - archive of mailing list.

I don't know why Smoku is so stubborn to use Jurassic era maillist instead of forum thread, but he promised us archive, so I hope he will stand up to his words
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

In the mailing list they're asking opinions about Cordia Tab "upgrade".
Looks like we can have 1Gb of RAM instead of 512Mb and
16 or 32Gb of MMC instead of 8Gb. The price would change obviously.

If someone is interested and don't want to subscribe the newsletter post here, then maybe I can report to the mailing if they accept me as reference.

I'm also considering adding a new "social channel" like Twitter, but will ask to the mailing list before any action.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to maxppc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
I prefer a MINI laptop and have not been much into tablets but i guess that's because i have messed around with IPad's and Android's and have been bored out of my a-s-s, but the tablet with Meego/Hildon Desktop i think will finally be useful for once and not just a polished turd!!!

And the possibility of 1GB Ram and 32GB EMMC is a VERY nice addon.

And smoku again, we all want to help and see this through, i REALLY love to be apart of making something, as stated before:
A Tablet by the people, for the people

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
As 1GB RAM was positively acclaimed in the mailing list - no matter how much price will rise (of course, in reasonable levels), that can't be said about 32GB of internal storage.

IMO, it depends on quality of such storage (random access time, continuous write/read speeds) and price difference.

If, by using SD slot, we can add later higher quality 32GB card for less price, internal storage 8GB -> 32GB is waste of money.

---

IMO, the main problem with CordiaTAB is that no one, except Smoku, know what is needed to do, thus, cannot participate. As great this project may be, communication is managed *horribly*. For which, Smoku has quite a tradition - no offense
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
ya, 1 gb ram will make a huge difference and 8 gb emmc is ok

Tags
cordia, fremantle ux, hildon, maemo 5 ux, meego, sanctuary, the garden