Notices

Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
me_quran has worse restrictions. You are not allowed to distribute it with an application without getting permission from the author.

I have that permission and I was using me_quran but it was rendering some words incorrectly (Remember ? ).

Since you don't have a problem, I'll keep the icon in its place but will try to find a way to center it. I hope that's fine.

There's aare multiple English translations. Check them out

Now for bugs:
1) It seems fine here. I'll install the package from the repository and check.
2) Sorry for that bug. I'm trying to upload a fixed version but the auto builder is barfing on it for no obvious reasons. I'll keep trying.
3) I'll make the font size for translations configurable. You want it to be smaller while I have other requests to make it bigger

EDIT: The autobuilder worked finally. The latest should hit extras devel soon.
i have problem installing/upgrading this app, as its showing file size mismatch.. etc... please solve this as i tried to fresh install the app and everything failed ...

i tried apt-get install n900-quran , apt-get update, apt-get upgrade with --fix-missing and all of them failed...

EDIT: worked after installing it manually, downloaded the package and installed with xterm.

Last edited by TransTech; 2011-08-31 at 04:15.

finally made a theme matching search icons, one white and one blue (i don't know where you will be using it.. so i made both.)

link:

Search.zip

(p.s. the old search icon which i used in mock-ups was just a drawing in paint and I cannot make that same one, as i didn't had a font which contains magnify symbol.. )

and I also edited the app icons, here it is, (looks good!! )

link:

FinalAppIcon.zip

here it is:
Name:  160.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  6.9 KB

EDIT: oops forgot to attach .svg of the app icon...
here it is:

QuranIcon.svg

Last edited by TransTech; 2011-08-31 at 05:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Samnan,Sharjah,U.A.E.
@Minhaz Thanks for your words. Just pray for us all

1) Do you mean pick a part number and go to its first page ? Yes I'll add the ability to jump to a specific part or a specific sura (chapter) and aya (verse). That's the next thing I'm planning to do.

It will be accessible from the index page by tapping on an icon in the toolbar (Once I get that icon from TransTech )

2) Yes, that will be night mode. I'll start working on it too after I finish number 1 above.

3) You can already add any aya to a list of favorites (Just long press on an aya). If you need to bookmark a part, a sura or a page then add the first aya of it to your favorites. I don't see a need for a separate favorites list.
thanks for the response insha Allah will pray for u guys....
btw i meant to filter by sepecific part of the Quran

i will be awating for your updates...thanks a lotttt for your hard workk...tc

thanks a lot for new version but after updating i have a problem . when i run the app i can see the translation but after changing the page translation disappears and i should go to setting disable and reenable translation .

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by bzbnd View Post
thanks a lot for new version but after updating i have a problem . when i run the app i can see the translation but after changing the page translation disappears and i should go to setting disable and reenable translation .
read 3 post above,
and 1 page before.
Download latest update repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/fremantle/free/n/n900-quran/n900-quran_0.3.3-1_armel.deb
open via ham or dpkg
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

The Following User Says Thank You to cloud596 For This Useful Post:
Tafseer is there (under translations). There are 2 Arabic ones.

Searching will return a lot of results. Do you really want that ?

ThX,

when u hide the Tafseer from setting menu , isnt same as if disabled , i mean how to show the hidden tafsser when needed .without having to enable it back from settings menu.

Search could be just an option .

Originally Posted by onasre View Post
ThX,

when u hide the Tafseer from setting menu , isnt same as if disabled , i mean how to show the hidden tafsser when needed .without having to enable it back from settings menu.

Search could be just an option .
when the translations are hidden, they can be viewed by tapping on the verse (ayat) you like.

btw search function will only be used to jump to a specific ayat, surah, juzz etc. from the index..

Last edited by TransTech; 2011-08-31 at 17:52.

Tafseer is there (under translations). There are 2 Arabic ones.

Searching will return a lot of results. Do you really want that ?
I'm unable to find Tafseer in english and urdu languages , i can only find translations for both of them. please check this link for english tafsir that i want...

http://www.englishtafsir.com/

thanks..

Originally Posted by TransTech View Post

btw search function will only be used to jump to a specific ayat, surah, juzz etc. from the index..
Thats Fine , Cuz Sometime you think about an Ayah and u just Can not remember in which Surah you Read it .. Searching will definitely be a great help to Find out which Surah u are looking for

AWESOMEEEEEEEE MAAAAAN =)
Barak Allah feek
may God bless you

**but I have some simple improvements

1.can you offer nice islamic backgrounds
2.it would be AWESOME if you made ((((auto-scroll))) with configurable speed

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sensortk For This Useful Post:

Tags
religulous