Active Topics

Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph View Post
i have to deal with the phone's auto searching for an updated version of the apps whenever connected to the internet. it kicks the processor usage to 100% and can't do anything decent till it finishes searching. i don't understand why it has to suck all the resources compared to ios and android in notifying an updated version of apps...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75798 may help if you are happy not to receive update notifications so frequently?

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

I had to leave for vacation and had my fotocamera broken. I thought, well I have N900 with various modes: the default camera, bless, panorama etc..

Remember when after an update of bless you had to reinstall the drivers fcam, because otherwise the camera would not work anymore. It happened to me then and abroad, and so no internet connection to work, I could not take any pictures.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
WOW your a sad man !!! how can you put a mobile before the girl in your life? blimy you need to see a doctor mate
Let's just say she turned out to be a bigger disapointement than the support Nokia provided to the N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
I tried to show something for my friend or do something fast because im in a hurry and the phone starts to lag or jams....

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
The worst? Short answer: Stephen Elop
Hahaha +1

I haven't had any notable bad experiences with the device itself. The worst thing was my fault, like you guys who had accidents while using yours

I corrupted and then accidentally deleted my Easy Debian chroot file (rm is a harsh mistress), which I needed to do some work. I was overseas and only had a 50k connection to my home server where the backup is. To get it back I plugged it into a Windows computer and used Recuva to get the file back, but it was still corrupted. So to un-corrupt it I used rsync to make it match the file on my home server, took about half an hour. After that it worked again.

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bangalore
Some conversation/mail problems.. Every few seconds 2-3 notifications of mail/message pops up and goes. Only a re-flash solved.
Another thing was Contacts not getting stored after flashing the phone using Nokia software. All contacts disappeared on each reboot !!

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Taking an important client call on speaker where I was to present slides. Speakerphone usually works okay, but this time it went wonky on me. My client grew frustrated and took over the presentation. He told me (in public) that I needed to "get a better phone". Very embarrassing (and hurtful from the perspective of a Maemo disciple).

I of course wanted to say "it's not really a phone". But not only is that something you shouldn't say to a client, but I could imagine him volley with a snotty retort like "well, there's your problem in a nutshell".

Still love my N900 though. Was seriously considering the T-mobile MyTouch 4G Slide for a little bit, but then I came to the decision that going back on contract and losing my grandfathered data plan was not worth it at this point.

open camera ui didn't save some picks... which i needed (was from a univeristy lab).. to my horror someone with an iphone took a picture and emailed to me (i felt dirty)..

The Following User Says Thank You to randomdood For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
can't say i have had any bad experiences with mine as such, yes it can be alittle slow and laggy at times but i will say having bad experinces with their N900 i wote for this user.

for me it's still a matter of knowing your hardware, like know your car, not going to belive that your stock Fiat 500 is going to be the ultimate drift car...

EDIT: just to be clear i don't have a Fiat 500... that would be the day the rest of my mind melts, only rear/all wheel driven cars for me

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-08-31 at 14:30.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki Finland
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
The worst? Short answer: Stephen Elop
N900 was dead already before Elop's time.