Notices

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 293 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Lol @ advance_luser.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admiral0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 293 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
the installer doesn't work with newer ipks as they break deb standard and dpkg-deb fails to unpack. Will provide patch ASAP. Will use ar instead of dpkg.

The Following User Says Thank You to admiral0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
obviously a troll of some sort. bygones
Malaysian N900 user!!!

Originally Posted by p900 View Post
I am trying to install xplane with webos games.
I am seeing the following for more than 12 hours as I didn't stop the progress.

Step 1: Checking available space... OK
Step 2: Extracting game info... OK
step 3: Prepare directories... OK
step 4: Unpack archive (it may take a while)...

there are two arrows going round and round for more than 12 hours.
is there anything wrong? should I keep waiting? how much time it normally takes for the installation?

thanks
I'm having the same problem with Driver and Settlers.
Installed NFSUC and Asphalt5 without problem.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Greece - Cyprus
Originally Posted by jadgr8 View Post
I'm having the same problem with Driver and Settlers.
Installed NFSUC and Asphalt5 without problem.
Because of the size of these games, there is a problem with the Unpack process....
an update of the application would fix that bug, but never come.

You may not able to delete the files that already created by the application.
the easy way you fix that, is to connect N900 as a mass storage, with a Windows-pc and: Properties-->tools--> check the driver for errors.

I dont say, that application isnt good, but with these games many users have problemS....

i installed nova and hero of sparta successfuly, but driver never installed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stsdema28 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by FP125 View Post
Anyone managed to get Driver working? Keeps coming up with an error on mine.

I get an unexpected EOF in archive - error is not recoverable

I take it the 38 games supported are the confirmed working ones - do we wait for an update when more games are supported?
I have installed angry birds maemo, angry birds rio .deb, angry birds seasons .deb, angry birds .ipk and angry birds seasons .ipk and all work 100%. But when i try to install any x-plane with webos game manager, it jams when it unpacks folders.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by NokiaN900_ADVANCE_USER View Post
This is the MOST USELESS APPLICATION Made by any NOOB. i Installed latest Webos Game manager 0.6.9, and downloaded 3 Game ipk files of 317 mb and pasted in the Downloads dir:

com.gameloft.app.asphalt5_1.1.4_all.ipk

com.gameloft.app.avatar_1.0.4_all.ipk

com.gameloft.app.nova_1.0.9_all.ipk

When i opened Webos Game manager, It detected all 3 files.
When i clicked Install, it kept on saying "Extracting Game info" and after 45 sec it said "Failed Cannot parse JSON: /usr/bin/gnu/tar: Removing leading `/"... blablabla" = it showed this STUPID NOOB Error for 2 games ASPHALT5 AND AVATAR, wheres NOVA GOT INSTALLED Correctly, and when i clicked PLAY, hahahah, NOTHING OPENED, no game nothing, I tried to open the game through terminal, haha, got same error, game didnt open. and then i uninstalled that NOOB nova game and the MOST STUPID APP MADE WEBOF GAMES MANAGER.

This author is fooling us by creating this app so that people dont get to play webos game, and so that ppl get irritated and leave.

My N900 has LATEST UPDATED Software and OS till date. I update my N900 through Nokia Suite.

I hope you people dont get FOOLED by this app. as it will give nothing but TROUBLE. only way to install and play the Webos games is through MANUAL INSTALL OF WEBOS GAMES DEB FILE. heres the link: http://www.noeman.org/gsm/maemo-game...game-n900.html

Thanks friends,
Nadeem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ POLAND
II.
Second thing i want to ask you is that if you could make possible installing from unpacked ipk. It's very easy to unpack ipk (just install 7zip and click unpack). Then we will paste unpacked folder to e.g. "Downloads/Unpacked" and WebOSManager will use only "mv" command and it will be installed. And why? It's obvious. N900 is nothing to compare with our Core2Duo or i7, so Nokia is unpacking these archives so sloooooow... If there will be option for install from unpacked ipk too it will speed up installing a lot

III.
next suggestion i have is that you should make another button in main menu: "Play", so there will be 3 buttons: Play,Install/Uninstall,Manage Saves. why? Supported games list is growing fast and not everybody would install them all, so for example if he have 5 games, he have to scroll down these all uninstalled games to find what he have installed. So you can make this Play section, where will be only icons of installed games. I think it will be a lot easier to use

IV.
other keyboard mappings:
Earthworm Jim http://www.mediafire.com/?4oypvy2oluipilh
Fifa 2010 http://www.mediafire.com/?o14937cjok7tttl
Realsoccer 2010 http://www.mediafire.com/?5hga97i61shi7ho
Skater Nation http://www.mediafire.com/?wwilwh0saoivqxo

V.

BTW. I'd like to make translation to Polish. How can i do that?

Last edited by karoltom; 2011-09-09 at 22:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karoltom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Bristol, UK
//EDIT:
I've been installing Hot Pursuit HD, but it stops and then i opened WinSCP and tried to delete hot pursuit files. then i saw an error. when i opened HP folder, there are a lot of weird files and i cant delete it.. and N900 says, that there are 753 files and they have 1492,27GB !?!? There should be 146 files, 22MB... What can i do to delete them? Only reflash?
This has been answered many times on this thread mate, just use the search next time...

In short you need to connect your n900 to computer in mass storage mode and then go into properties > tools and perform error-checking. When finished you can manualy delete affected folders...

Cheers,

The Following User Says Thank You to sEKI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ POLAND
Originally Posted by sEKI View Post
This has been answered many times on this thread mate, just use the search next time...

In short you need to connect your n900 to computer in mass storage mode and then go into properties > tools and perform error-checking. When finished you can manualy delete affected folders...

Cheers,
already made reflash. but thanks in advance ;D Maybe i'll need this

Tags
easy to manage, games, lame idea, preenv, runs crappy