Active Topics

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Thankyou for the "headsup" Isamun, my N900 loses contact with the GSM-Modem all the time when i'm talking and i was about to send it back for repair, now i won't.
It will still work fine as a VOIP Phone at home and i might find some other use for it later on.
Lucky as i am, my sister was fedup with all the dissconnected calls so she bought me a xperia arc! better hw but no way near as useful as Maemo.

chers!

Last edited by sula; 2011-09-02 at 17:27. Reason: adding "reply to"

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by RiD View Post
This is not good, since i was thinking about sending my n900 to warranty...
To fix the earpiece (despite that the USB is a bit loose)
What if they return me with a goddamn E7? I mean, If I wanted symbian, i'd just grab my N73 and use it, since E7 is no way near an N900 replacement.
Maybe there are still Spanish/Portuguese N900s in nokia's stock (since the keyboard is different)
There are none. It's been almost two months since I took my N900 to Nokia Care and they gave me back an E7. I complained and told them that this wasn't a good replacement of my N900 ( can't change battery, less resolution, no autofocus, no double speaker, no fm-transmitter... and this is only the hardware part!!!! CRAP!)

They told me last week that they had found another N900 but I'm yet to see it...

We'll see what happens

Regards

[EDIT] I live in Spain, that's why I told you they don't have more N900

Last edited by damnshock; 2011-09-02 at 16:55.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by Isamun View Post
i would rather have my old phone, then this new lagging piece of horse dung

Last edited by JamesBond@ge; 2011-09-02 at 17:02.

First of all, I want to thank you for all your helpful comments. As much as I like the E7 (especially the keyboard), I will be returning it to the store tomorrow for a refund or possibly the chance of getting a N9 when that time comes. The main reason for this is that, though the E7 might keep me entertained for a week or two, I cant stand the thought of using this phone in the long run. It got a lot better after updating the fw to anna, but still it ceases to impress me. @IcyMoustache - I havent gotten skype to work yet, but im sure theres a quick and easy way to do it. If I figure it out tonight I will post back to you. (the enter key on the E7 doesnt jump the cursor down to a new line, which is why this post is so messy..)

The Following User Says Thank You to Isamun For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Do i even have to again say..... well why not fix your USB and be done with it, and the FIX here again is the FIX before break....

You can wait and let it break, and just like this thread and many others HOPE that you can get a new N900, but as it seems you have a VERY slim hope at that, it's like almost every day recently there are one of you have the feared USB break.

you can buy a battery charger and completely stop using your USB port for charging.

There are no replacement N900s unless you're exceptionally lucky and in a country where there are no N900s breaking down.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Isamun View Post
First of all, I want to thank you for all your helpful comments. As much as I like the E7 (especially the keyboard), I will be returning it to the store tomorrow for a refund or possibly the chance of getting a N9 when that time comes. The main reason for this is that, though the E7 might keep me entertained for a week or two, I cant stand the thought of using this phone in the long run. It got a lot better after updating the fw to anna, but still it ceases to impress me. @IcyMoustache - I havent gotten skype to work yet, but im sure theres a quick and easy way to do it. If I figure it out tonight I will post back to you. (the enter key on the E7 doesnt jump the cursor down to a new line, which is why this post is so messy..)
How did you get on at the shop? How is the browsing experience on the E7 since installing Anna? Is it comparable with the n900?

Originally Posted by ziggadebo View Post
How did you get on at the shop? How is the browsing experience on the E7 since installing Anna? Is it comparable with the n900?
After updating the experience is much smoother, but it lacks features like an easy way to mark text and showing drop down menus. Also I feel the screen is harder to work with then the resistive screen of the N900.

But over all preformence is a lot better after updating to anna.

I found a guy selling a new n900 in my neigherhood and will be returning the E7 for a refund on monday =)

good luck, be gentle to the new N900