Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Yeah the N9 is currently listed as 20% more expensive than sgs2 but I think that when it is available in shops the price should be just about the same.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
this is redally bad news for Google Android too

looks like were bad in monopoly land in some year

http://wmpoweruser.com/microsoft-has...aidnokia-deal/

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Clearly you don't understand Nokias past language pack problems for phones of a given region. In the past they had product codes, If you take your Nokia to an official service centre they charge you to install a language pack you want (if they allow it at all) and render your warranty as void. But yes apples and oranges to you, you expect somebody to charge for something they can provide as a free download but not for providing the service of installing another language pack. Why? because it's a phone of course, it can't be done.

I agree that this thread's title should be changed but to

"The N9 is announced! QUICK, EVERYONE THROW COMMON COURTESY OUT THE WINDOW AND INSULT PEOPLE "
Leave it to clowns like you to take fringe, rare cases and treat them as the norm. I have nothing more to say on the subject other than that your experience is the EXCEPTION and NOT THE RULE. Obviously, you've dealt with this in the past and have become extremely butthurt over the situation. Enjoy carrying that torch from 3 years ago though, I'm sure someone will stop and notice you soon.

cheers, mate.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Just got told the N9 has been delayed yet again, looks like the windows device will come out first and this appears to be elops stratagy cos he wants stardom over this, something he will never get from the n9.

Was also told there will be very minimum support for it as everything has shifted in every way to the windows devices.

I really do have my doubts now about this n9 as i think everyone buying one will get even more let down than we did with the n900.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I was also told there will be a windows image available for the n900, if this is true then even though with 256 ram i think it is not dead yet by a long shot, same also for the n9 as well.

The whole Nokia show has been moved over to windows so you can completely forget about meego and maemo.

Cannot reveal my source but it is heating up now and it will be this month something happens from Nokia.
The key man beind all this needless to say is elop.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Same price as Iphone4 with 16Gb, and I prefer N9 over such crap.

Atleast we have a carrier selling it that make the price lower:

more like: 680 us for the 64Gb
and iphone is fetching such a price. i was in canada 5 months ago. wanted to buy unlocked iphone. i had to make an appointment to buy my unlocked iphone and if i missed the appt by 10 min, the phone was gone and i had to make another appt.

that will not happen with n9

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
and iphone is fetching such a price. i was in canada 5 months ago. wanted to buy unlocked iphone. i had to make an appointment to buy my unlocked iphone and if i missed the appt by 10 min, the phone was gone and i had to make another appt.
You sure that wasn't a physical or doctor's appointment? Because that sounds insane to me... that you have to have an appointment to purchase an unlocked iPhone?

Wow. Sounds incredibly stupid. Buy it through Apple or other proper vendors, be done with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You sure that wasn't a physical or doctor's appointment? Because that sounds insane to me... that you have to have an appointment to purchase an unlocked iPhone?

Wow. Sounds incredibly stupid. Buy it through Apple or other proper vendors, be done with it.
this was 6 months ago, before unlocked became available in the US. and yes, i couldnt believe how much demand there was for the device. tells you about the incredible hype that works for apple

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Did you have your head examined? 860 US dollars for N9 in sweden..............wow
hey some people are rich.

n9 getting bought on premium price,

microsoft its payng people to get wp7

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
this is redally bad news for Google Android too

looks like were bad in monopoly land in some year

http://wmpoweruser.com/microsoft-has...aidnokia-deal/
What did you expect from a site named wpoweruser? The same site said that the global share of win phones is higher than shown in the statistics and they based this on downloads of facebook apps. And wtf is a win phone power user anyway?? Someone that can change rigntones on his win phail???

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????