Notices

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
Thanks for the great work. Are there any updates??

The Following User Says Thank You to luketanti For This Useful Post:
I was so desperate to fix that missing radio icon, that I started messing with the source. After I went as far as compiling the code, I suddenly felt an irresistible urge to fix more annoyances and did some more hacking. Point your eyes to the list below if you want to know what I came up with.
  • Radio icon for the default theme is back, ha!
  • Catogory names in the playlist browser are nice and green.
  • Squashed a bug that caused songs from 'now playing' to appear in the playlist browser.
  • Original MohammadAG's entertainment view and paiburio's car view (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=254) live in peace, side by side.
  • Disabled context menu for category names in the playlist browser and enabled for songs in the single playlist view.
  • 'Add to now playing' in context menu of the playlist browser now really does what it says.

You can grab the binary from the attachment. MAG's installer, modified to reflect changes in this version, is inside too. I couldn't stand confusion from two identical icons on my desktop, thus I made a new one. It's installed together with .desktop file if you run the installer with "--desktop-file".

Source: http://gitorious.org/~gidzzz/qt-medi...qt-mediaplayer
Attached Files
File Type: gz omp_20110906.tar.gz (315.0 KB, 156 views)

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
OK, so i was not able to run install it (don't know why) but i was able to run it via "sh Install_mediaplayer.sh
everything is good... works.... but OMP doesn't stop playback if it is closed.
another interesting thing is that it opened my current playlist (but i think that is what it suppose to happen)
great work from everyone evolved in this project, but i must ask all devs here: why building separate git projects, instead working one just ONE! ???????

Originally Posted by neboja View Post
OK, so i was not able to run install it (don't know why) but i was able to run it via "sh Install_mediaplayer.sh
Do you mean that you couldn't type "./install_mediaplayer.sh"? I think I made it executable, but It might have been lost if you extracted the archive to MyDocs, for example.

everything is good... works.... but OMP doesn't stop playback if it is closed.
It's configurable: click on home screen's title bar and go to settings.

why building separate git projects, instead working one just ONE! ???????
MAG said in this thread over a month ago that he's going to merge cepiperez's changes, but todaty I can see no sign of it. And yeah, fork of a fork might look funny, but I was so eager to make some changes that I couldn't wait for cepiperez's work to appear in the original repo. However, I think I might ask MAG what's up, as I'm working on even more updates (I've got a fix for shuffling and playlist editing partilly working, yay!).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
keep up the good work!

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Repeat one song maybe an option?

Hello,
can someone tell me how to install this? I use to install app with .deb file.
help me please.

Originally Posted by helloct View Post
Hello,
can someone tell me how to install this? I use to install app with .deb file.
help me please.
1. Place the archive somewhere on your N900.
2. Open the terminal and navigate to the directory where the archive resides (for example "cd /home/user/MyDocs" if you placed it in the main storage).
3. Extract the archive ("tar -xf omp_xxx.tar.gz").
4a. Navigate to the extracted directory ("cd omp_xxx") and run the installer as root ("sudo sh install_mediaplayer.sh --desktop-file").
4b. If it doesn't work (I'm not sure if sudo is configured out of the box), try "root", then "cd /home/user/MyDocs/omp_xxx", and finally "sh install_mediaplayer.sh --desktop-file".
5. Installer tries to start the player automatically, so you should hopefully see the result right away.

Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
Repeat one song maybe an option?
I think I'm going to look into the what's needed for the implementation, but if turns out to be too much hassle, It'll probably have to wait. Moreover, I'm not sure where to put the icon, as I'd prefer not to clutter the interface excessively.

Today I did not have as much time as I'd like, but I managed to put together quite usable playlist editor. It's not available for the current playlist yet, but you can fiddle with it in the playlist browser. To do so, select a playlist and choose "Edit playlist" from the titlebar menu and rearrange the songs by simple drag-and-drop or remove with a longer press. To store the result of your efforts, choose "Save playlist" from the menu. If you save an imported playlist, it will be imported even deeper, to "Saved playlists". Editing can be cancelled simply by closing the window.

Among other changes, shuffling a playlist from the browser finally works and useless "Delete playlist" button has been removed from automatic playlists.
Attached Files
File Type: gz omp_20110907.tar.gz (317.2 KB, 147 views)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
@gidzzz

one USEFUL thing for playlists: to add an option for creating playlist from folder...
if you think you can manage to do so, it will be awesome!

and one more thing for all who participate in developing OMP: to add option to type and search to current playlist (like in playlist editor) for quicker finding a track to put on play!

again: great work folks

y was it not included in the cssu?

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse