Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
hi, I've got a strange problem. I had cssu installed, 93mb free rootfs space (my other N900 updated fine with 71mb) and I got the "go backup" message. I tried apt-get upgrade and it spits out that mp-fremantle-community-pr depends on qtquickcompat-0.1.0+cssu which after a search I realize is in (!) the cssu and nowhere else. I am confused.

I tried to manualy dpkg mp-fremantle-community-pr but it was left unconfigured and then removed when i "apt-get -f installe"'d

thank you very much and I'll appreciate any help
Sorry for reposting, but this problem got lost in the limbo of hundreds of posts. Anyone got an idea?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by vignes_k View Post
i dont know if this is related. i flashed to pr1.3 and did a restore from backup..updted cssu with speedpatch. now i get this everytime i use fapman or xterminal with all apt-get operations.. however all upgrades goes fine but error appears

apt-get autoremove
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
2 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up account-plugin-salut (0.10) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/account-plugin-salut.postinst: line 6: /etc/init.d/avahi-daemon: not found
dpkg: error processing account-plugin-salut (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of telepathy-extras:
telepathy-extras depends on account-plugin-salut; however:
Package account-plugin-salut is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing telepathy-extras (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
account-plugin-salut
telepathy-extras
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
/home/user #
how do i get rid of this or fix it
Completely unrelated to CSSU. See http://talk.maemo.org/archive/index.php/t-75137.html for a fix

On my device some apps crash only if launched from portrait (CloudGPS, Neverball, Neverputt)
In portrait mode, in Contacts, if I try to add New contact I get something strange.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
- GTK dialogues in portrait mode, such as those launched from the Status Area (bluetooth, connect to...), work OK unless the phone application is opened, no matter if its focused or not, then the dialogues are shown in landscape.
I have also tested that it happens also with other applications opened but only when focused like Fapman, Filebox,... even if they are in portrait mode, launching a dialogue from the status area goes to landscape.
This effect disappears by enabling forced rotation. You would need to tweak the blacklist properly as this option messes a few applications.

thanks guys! this is awesome! you guys made it happened! you guys giving me another tons of reason to love my n900!!! Thank you all people who worked on this project CSSU team!!!

Some requests for upcoming CSSU versions.

The portrait mode doesn't work for me, everytime a newer CSSU version comes there's a new portrait mode somewhere and it's skipping from portrait to landscape and back and is just bothering and slowing me down. Still if I lock the device to landscape mode it doesn't work flawlessly either, incoming phone calls (that originally is in portrait mode and works there fine) are now in landscape mode and have reject button etc out of the screen! I'd like the "lock landscape mode" to be more like "keep the display orientation as it were originally". That worked the best. Now when even wallpaper is turning in portrait mode my icons get all messed up and that's no use!

When will we see some improvements on applications that could really help our daily use of the N900? Some blurness adjustments doesn't improve my user experience. When N900 was released, quite quickly there were discussion in brainstorm about improving the calendar ( http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...endar_in_n900/ ) ... Still, nothing has been done to improve the calendar functions. Yes, I use the calendar a lot and it's a pain in the ***.

Some bugs in my device (don't know if they're CSSU related or from somewhere else, and hard to say if someone has already discussed about these but this thread is way too long to read everything through.)
-Modest crashes into some internal error.
-Random "zoom's out" into the open applications view.

I don't mean to be ungrateful for all the work you have done, I just hope the work could be directed into some meaningful and not into some pixel pointing detail. And I'm sorry I'm not a coder myself that I could fix these myself. I haven't had any interest to write into brainstorms or such anymore since it seems it's no use as seen in the calendar improving section. Otherwise I would have loved to contribute to the community by testing and giving ideas for the future.

Hopefully my text made some sense since English isn't my native language and I'm under usage of heavy pain killers. I drove an enduro accident last Sunday where I broke my cheekbone and my jaw from two points and I just got out of hospital yesterday evening. My face is like a swollen football after all the operations... but hey... still alive and kicking... for other's misfortune. =)

Originally Posted by haroon23 View Post
=( cant update to new CSSU.. the file seems to be corrupted. and the it says plug n900 to pc and update via an updater.. pleeeeese help
i faced the same problem.then i updated via xterminal.check the cssu installation FAQ

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I think there are too many ways to mess the transitions.ini.

Theme Cutomizer, CSSU Tuner, CSSU Features Configuration...

Right now, Theme Customizers and CSSU Features are not able to work together.

My proposal is to add a settings module or an application directly in the CSSU to control transitions.ini instead of depending on the update of external applications. This should be able to enable/disable all features and tune speed of effects.

This way we would avoid new breakages in future updates. It's also a nonsense to install these applications from extras without a dependency from CSSU.

I consider also that tweaking the theme configuration should be part of CSSU, by improving the settings module already included, at least for basic options such as changing theme as a whole, specify icon set, colours and fonts, and not mix it with transitions tweaking.

This is now more important as it seems that Theme Customizer and CSSU Tuner are unmaintained.

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2011-09-08 at 13:58.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
there shud have been a search feature for contacts so that we dont have to open the keyboard to search contacts

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Nozu View Post
S

When will we see some improvements on applications that could really help our daily use of the N900? Some blurness adjustments doesn't improve my user experience. When N900 was released, quite quickly there were discussion in brainstorm about improving the calendar ( http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...endar_in_n900/ ) ... Still, nothing has been done to improve the calendar functions. Yes, I use the calendar a lot and it's a pain in the ***.
Keep in mind, the calendar application is closed source.
Most calendar related brainstorm entries require a full reimplementation of the calendar app. Writing a good calendar application is not easy.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade