Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
You enjoy being a clown don't you? Elop was hired to do one thing, get a good contract with Microsoft and start selling WP phones.
If you s/good// then we can at least agree. ...even the clown part to some degree. What? WHY SO SERIOUS?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Nokia is Finnish. As with all Nordic countries, a domestic leader is best due to cultural reasons and language. For an international nordic company like Nokia, a leader from UK or NA is OK, also because of cultural and linguistic reasons. A Canadian (english) leader feels right at home, and is accepted right away, not so easy for a spaniard or french dude...
Dude... the further qualification of Nokia being a Finnish country wasn't needed in these parts. We know. Glad to know that you do as well.

Regardless, Elop is to Nokia's European CEO combo-breaker like Obama was America's first black president combo-breaker - 43 straight white presidents, one black president and just like Elop, Obama according to the vocal masses can't do anything right.

Hmm...

Nokia only accepts only Europeans at the helm it seems. So fine... get another one.

For an international company, Nokia is quite close-cultured.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I have statistics and facts to back me up--you factually and demonstrably don't know what you are talking about. To date, Elop hasn't succeeded at anything good for Nokia.
The guy hasnt been on a job for more than a year, and he made, in my opinion, all the right choices for NOKIA. He cut the umbilical cord with Symbian, found a powerful partner to sell future smartphones to the states, and has energized the company to think in more creative ways that ARE CONSUMER friendly.

Are you taking your anti-depressants daily?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
The guy hasnt been on a job for more than a year, and he made, in my opinion, all the right choices for NOKIA. He cut the umbilical cord with Symbian...
Those numbers sold that helped Nokia avoid becoming a penny stock majorly came from Symbian sales. Simply put, their "dead" OS is what is their bread and butter even still. No WP7 device has been sold as of yet.

Nor has a MeeGo device either in all fairness.

...found a powerful partner to sell future smartphones to the states...
Still nothing has come from that strategic partnership. We'll see what 2012 brings.

and has energized the company to think in more creative ways that ARE CONSUMER friendly.
What devices are you referring to?

Only beer for me.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Those numbers sold that helped Nokia avoid becoming a penny stock majorly came from Symbian sales. Simply put, their "dead" OS is what is their bread and butter even still. No WP7 device has been sold as of yet.

Nor has a MeeGo device either in all fairness.

Still nothing has come from that strategic partnership. We'll see what 2012 brings.

What devices are you referring to?

Only beer for me.
LOL! I didnt know that you and danramos are the same and one person. You guys need something more powerful than beer.

Of course that nothing has come off the partnership yet, they just started it 6 months ago. I assume that you have worked on long term projects. 3 years is minimum to see results. I think that Elop is superior to what NOKIA had in the past. He is taking a company that is on a respirator, conditional critical, and disoriented, to a company that has a new vision to compete with much more powerful competitors than before. That works, and that is leadership.

The guy hasnt been on a job for more than a year, and he made, in my opinion, all the right choices for NOKIA. He cut the umbilical cord with Symbian, found a powerful partner to sell future smartphones to the states, and has energized the company to think in more creative ways that ARE CONSUMER friendly.

Uhm, have you checked the share prices since Elop's arrival? He sure is capable...

LOL! I didnt know that you and danramos are the same and one person. You guys need something more powerful than beer.

Of course that nothing has come off the partnership yet, they just started it 6 months ago. I assume that you have worked on long term projects. 3 years is minimum to see results. I think that Elop is superior to what NOKIA had in the past. He is taking a company that is on a respirator, conditional critical, and disoriented, to a company that has a new vision to compete with much more powerful competitors than before. That works, and that is leadership.
.....and that remains to be seen! Sorry, but three years is far too long in an industry that completely re-invents itself yearly.

Dude check Nokia's position now. And all that past work can be seen in Symbian Belle and MeeGo. Check the feedback, then check WP7 sales.Way to go Elop, going against the world.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Hoorey!!! Go to hell, Elop!!

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Yes but the problem is nobody wants a WP phone, they want Maemo .
I do not think this statement is true. I think Elop wants one.

Tags
bada rox, bigbadtroll!, ceo firing, fooled again, pissing contest