Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I know fully understand why one of the mods call this the "childrens" thread.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
That is opinion only and as for someone who is totally obsessed with the N9 as you surely are your latter comment makes me wonder if this in fact the case for YOU.

I think you should go see a doctor at the very least !.
If you dont like N9 or thinks Maemo already is dead. Why are you here?

If you think this forum will be for WP fanboys like you you better go elsewhere. Cause there is no chance this forum will convert to some FOSS WPx forum.

Just a big hint use bing.com and search for WP Community and it will give you links where you can go if you want a WP community! Instead of SPAM this forum with you bullish and danramos, gerbick fanboyish. Atleast danramos, gerbick has some points but you just flood with garbage.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
If you dont like N9 or thinks Maemo already is dead. Why are you here?
Because i am slightly interested in the N9 and want to know about the "support" it may get from whoever, is that ok to ask on here dear sir as this is indeed the main one and only N9 thread .

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
added abill_uk to ignore list...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by ysss View Post

SIR Attenborough: Watch as the older primate tries to establish his dominance by repeatedly taunting the younger member of the tribe... while he tries to establish rapport by doing the 'buddy-buddy' dance for the popular members of the tribes...
Hilarious. This is almost as good as Dilbert last week.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Because i am slightly interested in the N9 and want to know about the "support" it may get from whoever, is that ok to ask on here dear sir as this is indeed the main one and only N9 thread .
I think that harmattan will get around 18 months of updates from Nokia and then it's over. Harmattan will get much more quality apps than Fremantle though thanks to the Qt everywhere (maemo/meego/symbian) plan so you don't have to worry about support for the N9. It will by far exceed the support Fremantle got.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
I know fully understand why one of the mods call this the "childrens" thread.
So what, your a paedo?

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
Meego is meego which is only based on Qt but maemo is more than just Qt or anything like that and yeah fremantle is nt short of any support ,not by devs atleast ,maemo is still bigger/better than any OS on the earth.Guess what N9 apps will run on N900 now ,for details check in here .http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...23#post1087423

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
I think that harmattan will get around 18 months of updates from Nokia and then it's over. Harmattan will get much more quality apps than Fremantle though thanks to the Qt everywhere (maemo/meego/symbian) plan so you don't have to worry about support for the N9. It will by far exceed the support Fremantle got.
Even if it only makes it to 12mth I'll be happy...
Not elated, but I doubt we can expect much better, given everything.
Heck even 6mth....
The time period's not as important as what they actually deliver in-the-way of fixes/updates.

It won't be as crap as the N900, for reasons we've gone over, & over, & over.
And it won't be as good as Android, even when MeeGoCE's factored-in.
But that doesn't mean it won't be a fun/interesting ride.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-09-13 at 12:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
Guess what N9 apps will run on N900 now ,for details check in here .http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...23#post1087423
So now there's even less reason to buy an N9. We can run the same applications on our existing unsupported devices.

j/k

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????