No sign of any strange behavior from hildon-status-menu.here,
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Can someone point me to the line syntax of other version of CSSU to try to downgrade to see if it is the problem, like:
sudo apt-get install cssu_maemo_16.7 or something? I don't know in which repository it is to look for the exact name.

Thanks.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
Hi, I'm having a problem of battery leakage being caused by Hildon-Status-Menu (thread/thing). It is always using a considerable amount of memory (but whatever) and at least 5% of processing power.

It is specially annoying considering that while the phone is locked, it looks like uses even more (20%+).

Am I the only one noticing it? It started after 16.8.

Thanks.
You could use powatool, that was mentioned earlier in this thread, and try to disable some status-area-plugins to see wether you get better performance.
If you didn't try it, you could also try batterypatch (in extras-devel) or batterypatch-non-kp (don't know the exact name) if you experience reboots with the first. But check the thread to see if it suits to you, and what does the patch do,

i'm experiencing a drain but i think its more to do browserd. Pre CSSU could leave 4-8 programming websites (text articles, few pics, no flash, like TMO), open all day with no major effect on battery. Would last 4 days without charge. Now 1.5 days is a the best.

will try reflashing again to see if that resolves it.

Last edited by Android_808; 2011-09-15 at 08:07. Reason: clarification

Originally Posted by Osama Bin Laden View Post
I'd suggest an option to switch desktop vertically on portrait and horizontal on landscape.
Second that....

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
that is like that, vertical scroll in portrait, horizontal in landscape. i d like to scroll verticaly in landscape.
nobodies have problem with the gps ? mine don't work since last update...

Anyone knows how to disable the orientation lock applet? If I remove it via apt-get it removes the metapackage of fremantle

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by turbovomit View Post
nobodies have problem with the gps ? mine don't work since last update...
Please read some previous posts before complaining, this is an issue with the Nokia supl servers, switch to the Google ones...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
A question about CSSU version number shown in the 'Settings' -> 'About Community SSU' page.

I updated the CSSU from 20.2010.36-2maemo15 to the latest 16.8 via terminal. However the 'About Community SSU' still shows that the version number 15. All the features of the latest CSSU version are present so the actual version in use is the latest. Is there any way to get the system to show the right version?

This is a long thread, maybe this has been discussed before but didn't manage to find information about it.

Can someoane help me please,i wont to deinstall cssu but i don't know how.Is there any way t revert back to stock?

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade