Less then a day old device, everything was great until MiniSD stopped recognizing any cards . Anybody seen such problem ?

I have the same problem - card worked for a few hours. When I insert card, it is not recognized now.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
What's the brand and model of the cards?
PLEASE use the Wiki

Sandisk microSD-HC card ( 6gig) plugged into a microSD-miniSD adapter card. Note - I tried a 4gig miniSD card and it worked. Must be the micro-mini adapter.

Perfectly normal - among the three I got along with cards or devices, only one is still somewhat working, and even that needs some wiggling. These adapters simply don't have the height to contain spring-loaded contacts, so it is up to the casing to maintain tension and contact - even small amounts of wear or warping make them unreliable, and any small crack on a seam (which tend to come apart rather soon) makes them immediately fail.

If that's the case, maybe a strip or two of tape on the other side, opposite the contacts, will fix the problem. I'm not experiencing this, otherwise I'd try it and report back.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Are we talking about those TOPRAM microSD -> miniSD adapters sold on eBay?
Just ordered one to be ready when i'll get an 8GB microSD and an n810... Good to know, i'll put some reinforcement on it i guess. :-)

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Originally Posted by send2cbd View Post
Sandisk microSD-HC card ( 6gig) plugged into a microSD-miniSD adapter card. Note - I tried a 4gig miniSD card and it worked. Must be the micro-mini adapter.
This is exactly the setup I've just tried with an N810... and it didn't recognise the card at all.

Very annoying.

how did you guys fix this problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to kingka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Coventry, UK
similar problems for me. recognises 1gb micro in mini adaptor but not 2 gb or 8 gb