Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
For what it is worth and i aint believing ths time, i have been told Asia release date as in, in the shops is the 3rd October but once again i aint holding my breath.

Get rid of Elop and they would be able to release it NOW not later, its HIM thats doing this because he wants WP to get some light before the best thing Nokia ever produced gets released.... badbadbad.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Get rid of Elop and they would be able to release it NOW not later, its HIM thats doing this because he wants WP to get some light before the best thing Nokia ever produced gets released...
I'm in need of more proof than this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm in need of more proof than this.
Watch what happens between now and the day it is actually released and you will have your proof.
23rd sept looks like it wlll not be the date for final release to the outlets so we got no choice but to watch what happens.

Remember i am not Nokia and can only go by what they tell me, if they advise me wrong like the last time for instance then i can do nothing.

I just report what i am told on here.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Watch what happens between now and the day it is actually released and you will have your proof.
23rd sept looks like it wlll not be the date for final release to the outlets so we got no choice but to watch what happens.

Remember i am not Nokia and can only go by what they tell me, if they advise me wrong like the last time for instance then i can do nothing.

I just report what i am told on here.
Nonsense. In the Elop China video and the other Nokia guy Malay video (both linket in this thread somewhere) it is all rather clear. Malay will get the N9 first, then it will be a staggered release around the world. WP will be released in different markets. You do unerstand what "different markets" means? WP will be sold in very small batches to start with, it is insignificant in the total. If the N9 is delayed due to tactical reasons, it is because Nokia do not want to sit in with millions of N8s. The 801 is also coming just after new year, and it will probably be a better phone than the N9 all considering.

Don't over estimate Elops trust in WP. WP phones will be released in UK France and Germany and Nl. If it fails there, it will be gone and replaced with Harmattan/Symbian. The chanses of failing though are close to zero by now, and only complete idiots cannot see that.

But things has changed during the last year and months. Apple has stagnated and will become a no issue within a year. Samsung looks invincible right now with their Galaxys, and SE is also on the roll with a damned good series of xperias and is gaining popularity each day (even though they have lost almost all their dumb phone sales). Gogorola will eventually take the entire android market, but not until a couple of years. Bada will eventually be on Galaxy type devices (but with a Linux core) and so on.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Nonsense. In the Elop China video and the other Nokia guy Malay video (both linket in this thread somewhere) it is all rather clear. Malay will get the N9 first, then it will be a staggered release around the world. WP will be released in different markets. You do unerstand what "different markets" means? WP will be sold in very small batches to start with, it is insignificant in the total. If the N9 is delayed due to tactical reasons, it is because Nokia do not want to sit in with millions of N8s. The 801 is also coming just after new year, and it will probably be a better phone than the N9 all considering.

Don't over estimate Elops trust in WP. WP phones will be released in UK France and Germany and Nl. If it fails there, it will be gone and replaced with Harmattan/Symbian. The chanses of failing though are close to zero by now, and only complete idiots cannot see that.

But things has changed during the last year and months. Apple has stagnated and will become a no issue within a year. Samsung looks invincible right now with their Galaxys, and SE is also on the roll with a damned good series of xperias and is gaining popularity each day (even though they have lost almost all their dumb phone sales). Gogorola will eventually take the entire android market, but not until a couple of years. Bada will eventually be on Galaxy type devices (but with a Linux core) and so on.
And where is Malay?

Originally Posted by selfish_russian View Post
I'ma kill those finnish that canadian faggots!
There, fixed that for you.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to babraq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by selfish_russian View Post
I don't think it's only his decision. They could release N950 last year, when there was no Elop. But they failed.
The reason it was released late is because they had no os for it as they had already ceased Maemo and Meego still is way way behind.

Last year? was not ready, hardware was prototype only.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-09-16 at 09:32.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SR90 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So... it's ok when it's Ubuntu on the N900, but it's not okay if it's OS X (ish) on the iPhone?
I've never used ubuntu on the N900 - however the N900 has a keyboard which makes quite a difference. I'm just saying that the OS X isn't build for such a small screen.

Imma let you play with OSX on an iphone, but meego has the best OS of all time. Of all time!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lindegaard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by SR90 View Post
Nokia N9 Sales package ....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_ri...ream/lightbox/
This gives met the depressive feeling that the same person that has decided that a grid of colourful icons on a square looking phone is the way to present a high end portable device anno 2011 is the one that lacked the set of balls needed to ignore intel MeeGo , board and steam full force with Harmatan + QT towards end of 2010 release of N950.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????