Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Oh, crap, I didn't see this thread until today. Are the nominations still open? If so, I would like to nominate myself too. Is it still possible?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Oh, crap, I didn't see this thread until today. Are the nominations still open? If so, I would like to nominate myself too. Is it still possible?
Depends if rule no 10 comes in effect.
The thread was obscured by recent events.

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-09-16 at 14:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Yeah, bloody spam. I am willing to bet this was the reason for the low number of nominations. Maybe an extension of the nominatino period is warranted?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Yeah, bloody spam. I am willing to bet this was the reason for the low number of nominations. Maybe an extension of the nominatino period is warranted?
I suggest you follow the maemo-community@maemo.org mailing list, and post your nomination there just in case.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
I would like it if I nominate myself. I have loved this community from the first day and I love my N900 too. I do have my own opinions about maemo.org and the ecosystem on whole, however I feel I am too young and inexperienced. Council member sounds like it involves a lot of politics. I feel politics are not my thing though :/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
less nominations number is mainly due to meego community ,people were meant to serve both maemo and meego but most of our Mods been shifting /planning to shift towards the new arrivals ( meego & win 7 ),i will not go into details.Anyway ! i would have nominated myself if i was too famous for that job ..besides my love for maemo/maemo community is undoubtedly immense .
lets set Go Council !!! Be a new future !!!

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
AFAIK if we don't have enough candidates by the end of the period, it is automatically extended.

@Texrat - please clarify on the above.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Coun...ection_process

The period is only extended if we have less than 3 candidates. With 3, all of them are appointed to the council. With 4 (not sure whether sjgadsby accepted the nomination) we will have a vote to elect a 3-member council.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
I remember from somewhere that Texrat would nominate himself under certain circumstances, can't remember what... did he make it?
I would have wanted ejasmudar, Estel, and prankster in the Council.
I don't have Karma points so can't really nominate. (wait... I got 3, just checked it and linked TMO account to maemo.org, dunno how much more I'll get.)

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
I remember from somewhere that Texrat would nominate himself under certain circumstances, can't remember what... did he make it?
I did last time solely to have a full council rather than put the burden on just 3 people. But I was barely able to participate and I just could not see fit to run this time. I was really hoping to see a lot of newer people run...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post: