Closed Thread
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
no ... its maemo..
install Nokia qtcomponents, and the scaffold of the theme along with it..and malit keyboard quick ..and you'll be able to use it in qt apps in maemo

The Following User Says Thank You to arora.rohan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
does it support portrait????

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by arora.rohan View Post
no ... its maemo..
install Nokia qtcomponents, and the scaffold of the theme along with it..and malit keyboard quick ..and you'll be able to use it in qt apps in maemo
what we need is a virtual keyboard that works on all type of apps/program...not just qt apps....

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
true, its pretty well useless as is then

Originally Posted by IcyMoustache View Post
If you can still somehow connect to wifi, maybe you can try ssh to do this?
I can, and I have WinSCP, but I don't have ssh on my N900 (was in the process of installing, when I gloriously edited my transitions.ini).

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
does it support portrait????
well it does only if the qt app has portrait mode in it.. it will go out of screen in forced rotation mode..i.e in MAG's media player and all..while it works fine in Miniature..basically if the app is essentially a portrait mode one..then it will work fine :P

im happy as it helps a lot while playing miniature!

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Just a comment regarding portrait keyboard:

I've always been curious why people with a n900 want a virtual portrait keyboard. Portrait mode is great, if the tasks needed can be performed with the thumb. For example, it is excellent to read SMSs, check missed calls, etc.

But if I need -for example- to write a new SMS, physical keyboard is the best choice, that's one of the main reasons we love our n900, right ? :-)

Last edited by lsolano; 2011-09-17 at 21:49. Reason: My bad English...

The Following User Says Thank You to lsolano For This Useful Post:
I have an issue with camera which is maybe CSSU related, so it would be very helpful if other users can check this.

Start video recording and during recoding close camera cover. Then check if the recorded video is playable or not. I tried many times and I always end up with unplayable (corrupted) video.

I have latest CSSU and kernel power 48. Because I have multiboot I also tested stock kernel and the result is the same. But on friend's phone without installed CSSU the recorded video is fine.
Another thing, my phone has installed fcam-drivers 1.0.7-2, but on the friend's it is 1.0.7-1.

Last edited by kolos; 2011-09-17 at 23:30.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom, Huddersfield
Has anyone ever had their sound get "stuck" ?
The reason why I mention it in here is because, to my knowledge it never happened to me on normal PR1.3.

Going to silent profile and back to general usually gets rid of it.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kolos View Post
I have an issue with camera which is maybe CSSU related, so it would be very helpful if other users can check this.

Start video recording and during recoding close camera cover. Then check if the recorded video is playable or not. I tried many times and I always end up with not playable (corrupted) video.
This does not work currently. This is a bug in the camera-ui.

Nicolai

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade