Notices

Originally Posted by ThePooBurner View Post
In the "now playing" playlist, tapping a song does not play the song, as in mediaplayer.
Hmmm... that's not how it is supposed to work. Even single tapping should change the song. Maybe the playlist was still loading and the responsiveness was crippled.

Originally Posted by sakya View Post
For the music window performance: I think that using a ListView/TableView and QAbstractListModel/QAbstractTableModel would be a lot faster than a QListWidget.
It might be true, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. As soon as the lists are fully populated, I get scrolling that is almost as smooth as silk, even with over 2800 songs and the loading time seems to be more dependent on how fast MAFW can serve the requests rather than how fast QListWidget adds the results. Should I get more songs for my library? I just couldn't reproduce the general slowness I've been reading about...

Oh, and I thought it would be nice to post a new build. Here come the essential news:
  • Massive speed gains when shuffling whole library. Still not as swift as the stock player, but it should be usable.
  • I thought I fixed blank playlist in Now Playing before, but this time I hope it's for everyone.
  • Playlist state indicator no longer pops up to cover the searchbox.
  • It's possible to create and delete radio bookmarks.
Attached Files
File Type: gz omp_20110917.tar.gz (327.1 KB, 166 views)

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
nice nice nice!

ok, now i must ask for this: there is implementation of lyrics in OMP... end when you tap on album art, it switch from playlist, to lyrics, than tap again for progress bar...
my personal opinion is that it should have a settings that enable/disable lyrics in now playing (maybe i don't want that extra tap)... what do you think?
is it simple to integrate???
another thing: when in portrait mode, a playlist part in now playing is a bit smaller than in landscape (???)... when in landscape we see 5 songs/files (whatever) but in portrait, only 4... could a media art part be smaller (not much, just a little bit) so a more songs could see in playlist (5 or even 6)??? that would be much more "finger friendly",... this way you have your thumb on a relatively small area, and viewing pls is a bit difficult (depends how FAT is your thumb)

oh yes... another thing:
look at the difference between album art for OMP and stock MP

OMP

stock MP

on omp is kinda fragmented (not jitter-ed) , don't you think???
Attached Images

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
am I the only one that finds that all songs view is very slow, I mean when I choose a song it's not playing the one I chose and then the entire app goes so sloooow :s

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
There's no threading, it adds all items in the playlist then plays the song you selected.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Barbados
app crashes on song/playlist delete & when fm transmitter is enabled from omp menu

anybody else experience this ?

Last edited by T4UR14N; 2011-09-17 at 15:25.

Originally Posted by titi974 View Post
when I choose a song it's not playing the one I chose
I'm aware of that and I've got a possible fix, but I'm still investigating and looking for the best solution.

Originally Posted by neboja View Post
my personal opinion is that it should have a settings that enable/disable lyrics in now playing (maybe i don't want that extra tap)... what do you think?
is it simple to integrate???
It should be fairly easy. I'll give it a try tonight or tomorrow.

when in landscape we see 5 songs/files (whatever) but in portrait, only 4... could a media art part be smaller (not much, just a little bit) so a more songs could see in playlist (5 or even 6)??? that would be much more "finger friendly"
I think that's a good point, but smaller cover art probably wouldn't look as nice. There's also possibility of removing the reflection, but I really like that subtle touch. In the future I want to implement editing of the playlist in Now Playing and maybe then I'll be forced to decide on the best way to enlarge the playlist area.

on omp is kinda fragmented (not jitter-ed) , don't you think???
Covers in stock MP are smoother, but in OMP they look more detailed.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
Pardon the noob question but I've installed the omp_20110917.tar.gz file. Now if I place that folder into the main N900 folder, what code do I need to input into X-terminal to update my OMP?

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by excelar8 View Post
Pardon the noob question but I've installed the omp_20110917.tar.gz file. Now if I place that folder into the main N900 folder, what code do I need to input into X-terminal to update my OMP?
Put omp_20110917.tar.gz in MyDocs, then unzip it to there

X terminal:
1. root
2. cd /home/user/MyDocs/omp_20110917
3. sh install_mediaplayer.sh --desktop-file

Done

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
thanks gidzzz!

i have more suggestions to you (i see that you are currently maintaining this project):

could it be implemented a playlist creation "from folder"?
i think it was discussed somewhere many times, and it is thing that would be most useful for music playing etc....

i think i mentioned this somewhere before: type and search trough current playlist in now playing (very very useful!!!)

and i'm not thinking that i ask this for myself, but i think that these are suggestions to make OMP a better and more useful player!

keep up the good work! (too all dev-s)

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
gidzzz, what's your gitorious username?

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse