Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

vetsin..i did not flashed 5gb or 8 gb partitioning...it is okay?

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
it is best that you reflash using one of those right now. you'll run out of space for apps in the future as the default allows just 2GB.

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
Anybody tried installing the deb after removing existing Nitdroid?
Did it work? It was tested on a freshly flashed device last night and I haven't restored my backup so can't test it (I'm at work).

INTERNET CONNECTION required during installation.
To those who'll be installing on a freshly flashed device:
1. Make sure you flashed using either the 5GB or 8GB custom EMMC especially if you'll be installing lots of apps for your N900. (this is really just a recommendation but it will save you from frustration in the future) (Google if you don't know how.)
2. Enable extras-devel and extras-testing repository (Google if you don't know how).
3. Download NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-7.deb provided above to the "Nokia N900" folder (a.ka.a MyDocs). Clicking it will install a Nitdroid Installer.
4. Once installed, click the Nitroid Installer. This will open an X-terminal window. Confirm whenever prompted (you want to install NITDroid using Autoinstaller, right?). This should successfully install NITDroid on your device.
5. Restart your N900 with the keyboard out.
6. Choose NITDroid on the multiboot screen by pressing the corresponding number.
7. NITDroid installed! Initial startup is very slow and touching the Android (you'll know what I'm talking about when you're there) won't instantly show the desktop. Be patient.

Note:
NITDroid is overclocked by default. Use SetCPU, which is on a link at the first page, if you want to change it. (Google if you don't know how).
Kernel Power will be installed. Please check for possible conflict with existing installations. I know an old FCamera/BlessN900 version had problems when I first tried KP46, just update FCam from extras-devel/testing.

I'm not a coder so I can't really troubleshoot, I hope those who can will try to help. The developer of the installer has done his job, let the community takeover and save him from more frustration.
To remove existing nitdroid is this
root
apt-get purge nitroid ??

how to flash 5gb partioning

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by luh3418 View Post
To remove existing nitdroid is this
root
apt-get purge nitroid ??
can you try looking here?

i haven't tried removing NITDroid, we would be in a "blind leads blind" situation if i start spewing out suggestions which i haven't tried or understand myself. try to research for things which other people may have tried before.

vetsin.. i replaced only the original vanila/fiasco image of 5gb partition vanilla that im going to donwload?

wer do i get the custom emmc for flashing? and shud i use the instructions from the wiki?
BACKUPMENU

Thanks for that.

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
Anybody tried installing the deb after removing existing Nitdroid?
Did it work? It was tested on a freshly flashed device last night and I haven't restored my backup so can't test it (I'm at work).

INTERNET CONNECTION required during installation.
To those who'll be installing on a freshly flashed device:
1. Make sure you flashed using either the 5GB or 8GB custom EMMC especially if you'll be installing lots of apps for your N900. (this is really just a recommendation but it will save you from frustration in the future) (Google if you don't know how.)
2. Enable extras-devel and extras-testing repository (Google if you don't know how).
3. Download NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-7.deb provided above to the "Nokia N900" folder (a.ka.a MyDocs). Clicking it will install a Nitdroid Installer.
4. Once installed, click the Nitroid Installer. This will open an X-terminal window. Confirm whenever prompted (you want to install NITDroid using Autoinstaller, right?). This should successfully install NITDroid on your device.
5. Restart your N900 with the keyboard out.
6. Choose NITDroid on the multiboot screen by pressing the corresponding number.
7. NITDroid installed! Initial startup is very slow and touching the Android (you'll know what I'm talking about when you're there) won't instantly show the desktop. Be patient.

Note:
NITDroid is overclocked by default. Use SetCPU, which is on a link at the first page, if you want to change it. (Google if you don't know how).
Kernel Power will be installed. Please check for possible conflict with existing installations. I know an old FCamera/BlessN900 version had problems when I first tried KP46, just update FCam from extras-devel/testing.

I'm not a coder so I can't really troubleshoot, I hope those who can will try to help. The developer of the installer has done his job, let the community takeover and save him from more frustration.
I uninstalled nitdroid following the info here http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?...sg4651#msg4651

It uninstalled aok.

Then I tried reinstalling and the installer crashed. I have all the repositories as required and connected to wifi. Looks like I will have to reflash and try again unless anyone has any suggestions.

The Following User Says Thank You to luh3418 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
wer do i get the custom emmc for flashing? and shud i use the instructions from the wiki?
Look here
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Make sure you use flasher-3.5 and I was directed to use the combination images not the vanilla and fisaco and it worked very nicely.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid