Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
Hi!
I will change place with some icons in the status applet menu. How I do that?

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
I'm sure I've read a thread where the answer to this question is. I'm just looking for it and as soon as I can find it I will post here.

On the other hand, I'm also using Powatool application. It can manage what to show and what to hide in the status applet menu and in the satus applet area. However, you can not set the order they appear. It could be a very interesting feature for this tool to set up such order of applications.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
is this QuickLaunch you are referring to???
Its configuration is somewhere hidden in the bottom part of the settings application in the 'Extras' category.

No, it's not that. I'm meaning an app called POWATOOL (I think it's in devel repo) which allows you to skip "Nokia hands" video when switching on the mobile and also which of features should appear in status bar and status area menu. It lists the whole set of features you have installed and available for those applets, and then check/uncheck the ones you want appear/disappear.

BTW, I've found that the file where you can set up the order of apps/features/reminders is in "/etc/hildon-desktop/status-menu.plugins" but when I edit it I can only understand a few of them: some of them are easy to understand (battery, volume, clock, ...) but othe ones are not recognized for a noob like me (manager-status, as-status, etc.). Sorry for not being of more help.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zentenario For This Useful Post:
Following my previous post, I feel (too) that some of the features/apps I have in my status area menu don't appear in the list of that config file: i.e., that one of QuickLaunch, Orientation lock, screenshots & casts, screen brigthness, openVPN, ProfileX, Conky, etc.).

Now that michaaa62 mentions the 'Extras category' (in Settings app), it would very intersting, if not possible that Powatool upgrade, to set a new application in that 'Extras' for easy configuration of status bar and status area applets. Would it be difficult to create such app to easily modify "/etc/hildon-desktop/status-menu.plugins"?.
Just for some expert, why so many ".desktop" files in "/usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu" are not shown in the aforementioned ".plugins" file? Due to that, you can not set the order of them.

Interesting info at: "http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/....AC.81guration" but not for a newbie.

Last edited by Zentenario; 2011-09-19 at 08:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zentenario For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robin92 View Post
Hi!
I will change place with some icons in the status applet menu. How I do that?
Hi robin92, finally I've managed to arranged my status menu as I wanted. I made a copy of file "/etc/hildon-desktop/status-menu.plugins" in a folder (MyDocs) and then put it in my desktop PC. Then I edited it with Windows WordPad and all the features that didin't appear in the file "status-menu.plugins" were added to it taking into account the "app_name.desktop" that can be found in different files in the folder "/usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu". You only have to add 3 lines for each on of the missing apps:

[app_name.desktop]
X-Desktop-File=/usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu/app_name.desktop
X-Status-Menu-Position=?? (the figure you want; be careful not repeating)
And finally it works. Give it a try.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zentenario For This Useful Post: