Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by peter2p View Post
Hey Trisha, did you try hitting your phone app and than on top phone again (settings) there you'll see a button for turning, put it on portrait and save.
Keep the keyboard closed while hitting the phone app, it will automaticly start in portrait.
I am sorry to interrupted your time.

May i know which apps you're discussed about ?

If you were talking about the orientation lock.

How do i get the method to make it always in portrait mode?

Last edited by locolyric; 2011-09-19 at 07:35.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
Just a comment regarding portrait keyboard:

I've always been curious why people with a n900 want a virtual portrait keyboard. Portrait mode is great, if the tasks needed can be performed with the thumb. For example, it is excellent to read SMSs, check missed calls, etc.

But if I need -for example- to write a new SMS, physical keyboard is the best choice, that's one of the main reasons we love our n900, right ? :-)
I love the physical keyboard, but there are times when I just want to type a quick SMS or type in a search term or username and password on a website, and it would be very useful sometimes to be able to do that one-handed.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Ok guys can anyone help?

Ever since upgrading to the latest CSSU the other day (which I think also installed the latest libqtm) I've been getting lots of device full errors, can't send or receive messages... The only way to sort it out is to reboot.

Running df -h shows that my rootfs has loads of space and I've even freed up more. It now has only 171mb used, when I get the device full errors I also have an error on webpages regarding javascript. It seems like some file or the rootfs is becoming locked, it definitely isn't full.

Any ideas? I read another thread with these errors mentioning libqtm back in august here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75874

Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
Its not cssu or kernel power, i'm facing that issue too.
its random and cause is unknown. and sometimes the media player widget's play button doesn't work.. reboot does the trick. *i'm glad im not the only one*
and this problem is pretty old if u ask me.. i've had it eversince..
i think the problem is in qtlockscreen.i uninstalled it and evrythng is fyn.check it guys
BACKUPMENU

I've created a script to change the desktop wallpaper's orientation which works very good.

what i've done:

1. take a very large image, cut it to the number of desktops - once for portrait resolution and once for landscape.

2. created a bash script that receives a parameter named "landscape" or "portrait" and calls g-conf tool to change the desktops' images from one type to another.

3. added a dbus launch script for change in orientation event and called the bash script from it.

That's it - works perfectly and looks great.
Further optimization can be made if the current active desktop will be set first and so on...

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
i think the problem is in qtlockscreen.i uninstalled it and evrythng is fyn.check it guys
nope.. its not qt.. i've had the problem long before cssu or qtlock was even released..

Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool true

tried this but it's not working. Opened terminal root-ed pasted the comand and then rebooted. No effect.
Does anybody have another sugestion? Maybe reinstalling CSSU?

Last edited by milos621; 2011-09-19 at 12:47.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by milos621 View Post
Does anybody have another sugestion? Maybe reinstalling CSSU?
It works fine for me. Run it as a normal user, and there's no need to reboot afterwards. Go back to the main desktop, close the keyboard and rotate the phone. The desktop then rotates for me.

I've tested toggling the setting on & off and the desktop then rotates/doesn't.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
It works fine for me. Run it as a normal user, and there's no need to reboot afterwards. Go back to the main desktop, close the keyboard and rotate the phone. The desktop then rotates for me.

I've tested toggling the setting on & off and the desktop then rotates/doesn't.
It doesn't work for me. I tried:

gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool false

and

gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool true

Desktop is locked in horizontal orientation.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ France
Hi all.

I've read many posts here, but i'm not sure ('cause i'm french... and bat writing english):

My problem is quite strange. When i use any app, or when i receive a call, if the autorotation activates, i get a total mess on my dashboard. It's like the system tries to rotate the whole screen, and try to make an organization of the shortcuts. Badly... it is unusable. If i move again the phone, i get the horizontal "normal" mode, and eveything is back.

Has someone experienced something like this? May i tweak a file/parameter something to get my normal dashboard again?

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade