Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I think he already has seen "the fruits of his labour" in the way people like trisha02 and several others act here (or should i say "performing an inquisition on him"?). I pity him, that's the way of life if you do stuff for the inept ones, but even if i do not use NITdroid i thank him for actually following though with it for so long. So, thanks ammyt.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-09-19 at 12:28.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
correct! just choose one of the two.

yup. correct again.
(had to check the wiki there, that's not how i flash. hehe)
then hw did u flash the custom emmc? i use windows 32 bit
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
well, i think this thread's been running along positively for the past few hours. let's not spoil it please...

hays..not work for me.. still in kernel panic.. 3 times flashing and downloading but still no luck..im follow the rules of installiing but always crash my phone.. wew

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
dignified,
try the optional steps posted in the previous page.

Nope still no luck ran the installer...but when repbooted no multi-boot jus meamo

Ok I have installed nitdroid and if I can do it anyone can believe me anyone can.

The gotchas for me were firstly that after a failed install merely reflashing is not enough. You have to remove the install.

Follow the methods here try both
http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_...lling_NITDroid

For me method 2 and very important second gotcha make sure you

rm -rf /and/

It is the /and dir that was causing my install to keep crashing.
Good luck.

Can I just say how awe struck and grateful I am to nitdroid developers I thought I would have to dump my N900 for a Samsung or other less quality hardware. Nokia if you are listening why don't you put out an N1000 with dual core cpu and make it nitdroidable I promise I won't tell Microsoft. :-)

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
works great, I installed the auto-installer, run it by tapping the icon on menu and bassically that's it thanx ammyt

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leon4 For This Useful Post:
thanks for the feedback luh! that gave me an idea.
maybe you guys have been flashing the EMMC only all this time! you need to use both the VANILLA (5GB or 8GB variant) and the COMBINED images.
those who were unsuccessful, please try again. what trisha said in a previous is correct.

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
thanks for the feedback luh! that gave me an idea.
maybe you guys have been flashing the EMMC only all this time! you need to use both the VANILLA (5GB or 8GB variant) and the COMBINED images.
those who were unsuccessful, please try again. what trisha said in a previous is correct.

so by this do u mean flash the firmware----vanilla emmc-----custom image???

thrice?

cuz i have been unable to install nitdroid bcuz i only flashed the firmware and den directly the custom 5 gb part....

advice?

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid