Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
We use VBulletin at Flashkit. Upon signup, initial posts are sent directly to queue for moderation.

There's a spammer, apon I believe, that's up to 71 posts. Seriously.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
7 spam threads here this morning... makes me not want to visit. methinks theyre reading this thread and finding out our security loop-holes. Bastards.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Why not ask device specific questions? Like what's the default homepage of MicroB. Or how many desktops does the N900 have? Or what's the name of the default e-mail app on maemo.

It's too specific for generic spambots to figure and pretty elementary for anyone with a device on his hands.
So now owning a device will be the new requirement? :P I think not. Good try, though.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I'm half expecting apon to show up on this thread and post a sample of his work anytime now, to rub salt upon our helpless wound.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I'm half expecting apon to show up on this thread and post a sample of his work anytime now, to rub salt upon our helpless wound.
he/she would but is too busy in "games".... now at 86.
WhereTF are the mods? sidebar is now full of nothing but live tv threads. makes for a very enjoyable (dare I say WP-like) experience

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
Community, why not have a delete thread button? So after X amount of deletes from the members the thread gets deleted, and at that time a moderator can see if it is credible thread or not. The thread wouldn't get deleted immediately but it wouldn't be able to be looked at,or responed to until a moderator gave it a thumbs up or down.
Just my two cents.

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by AgentZ View Post
Community, why not have a delete thread button? So after X amount of deletes from the members the thread gets deleted, and at that time a moderator can see if it is credible thread or not. The thread wouldn't get deleted immediately but it wouldn't be able to be looked at,or responed to until a moderator gave it a thumbs up or down.
Just my two cents.
sounds good but there'd be an application to the UN from (dis)abill_uk because he'd never get anything up on the forum

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
So now owning a device will be the new requirement? :P I think not. Good try, though.
What about 'How many Fremantle bugs have status WONTFIX?'. That's a device-specific question that I'm sure you could answer.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Well, seeing as how the spammers have taken over, I would like to say that I, for one, look forward to serving our enthusiastically loquacious new overlords.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
What about 'How many Fremantle bugs have status WONTFIX?'. That's a device-specific question that I'm sure you could answer.
That's like asking Mr. Owl how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll (tm) Tootsie Pop (tm). Man, I wish I was getting paid for product placement. You hear that, new overlords??

Tags
diespammerdie, exterminates, itneverends, kudzu, spam!, spamspamspam..., texrat darlek