Closed Thread
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Antwerp Belgium
Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
change nokia to google in location network positioning
Hey corduroysack, this is a great hint...thank you
surfing the web, navigate, chat, ttweet, email, scan, hack, share, tweak...
.....................and you can also use him to make a call

i have two questions
1: wanted to know that is it necessary to reflash the phone after the cssu has been installed? or is it necessary to reflash the phone first and then install the cssu update?

2: to install the latest update, we just click on the green arrow that says unstable right?... please guide

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by jafferkhan View Post
i have two questions
1: wanted to know that is it necessary to reflash the phone after the cssu has been installed? or is it necessary to reflash the phone first and then install the cssu update?

2: to install the latest update, we just click on the green arrow that says unstable right?... please guide
No, you don't have to reflash or do anything hard. Just install the package by following the instructions.

That said, remember this is pre-release software. It will have bugs.

Tom

thanks tom, you guys are very helpful :-) glad to be here, thanks again bro

bro, are you using the latest cssu? is it working fine with you? if you are using it that is... any suggestions? i have installed the portrait hildon desktop, it rotates the display but i can't rotate anything else, none of the apps... what do you suggest i do? if you are using the cssu what's with it?

bro, are you using the latest cssu? is it working fine with you? if you are using it that is... any suggestions? i have installed the portrait hildon desktop, it rotates the display but i can't rotate anything else, none of the apps... what do you suggest i do? if you are using the cssu what's with it?
You say 'i have installed the portrait hildon desktop' - if you've installed CSSU, you don't need to install anything else to get it.
You may want to explore the options in the new part of the menu you get when you press the power key though.

Tom

so in order to install the latest cssu i should remove the hildon desktop yea? or when it install the cssu it would automatically be removed or disabled?

so in order to install the latest cssu i should remove the hildon desktop yea? or when it install the cssu it would automatically be removed or disabled?
I'm not sure what you mean.
Do you know the exact name of the package or application you talked about here and before ? 'hildon desktop' is a core part of your phone, and you'd not normally remove it.
It is replaced for you by CSSU however.

If you mean some other 3rd party package that offers desktop rotation, then yes, you should remove this before installing CSSU.

Tom

yes i did mean that third party hildon portrait .deb that i installed, the thing is that i tried so many times to get rid of it, posted so many times but it doesn't go, tried that purge option too, but it's still there... if i however try installing the cssu, will it be ok? i just can't flash the phone because of one tiny app... you know a way to remove it? i installed it from a forum post here.. the hildon desktop portrait deb file

yes i did mean that third party hildon portrait .deb that i installed, the thing is that i tried so many times to get rid of it, posted so many times but it doesn't go, tried that purge option too, but it's still there... if i however try installing the cssu, will it be ok? i just can't flash the phone because of one tiny app... you know a way to remove it? i installed it from a forum post here.. the hildon desktop portrait deb file
If you can give me a link to the downloadable .deb file or forum post I can try !

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade