does anyone have comments on how much data i would be using if i use my phone as a modem ??
here in canuckistan we are getting screwed for wireless usage .... i.e $10 for 5 megs

if i check my email every day, read rss, look at a few news sites roughly what kind of data usage will i be incurring ??

just got my n800 from dell on their 199 sale and really like it

really wish i could make the orientation vertical as well as horizontal, that's one of the few failings so far

Originally Posted by catfat View Post
does anyone have comments on how much data i would be using if i use my phone as a modem ??
here in canuckistan we are getting screwed for wireless usage .... i.e $10 for 5 megs

if i check my email every day, read rss, look at a few news sites roughly what kind of data usage will i be incurring ??

just got my n800 from dell on their 199 sale and really like it

really wish i could make the orientation vertical as well as horizontal, that's one of the few failings so far
Go to tools menu
Connection mnanager.

Darius

You'll use up your 5MB pretty quickly. RSS and mail aren't too bad, but news sites tend to use quite a bit of bandwidth. Figure 4-5 pages per MB.

You'll use up your 5MB pretty quickly. RSS and mail aren't too bad, but news sites tend to use quite a bit of bandwidth. Figure 4-5 pages per MB.
hoochee mama ...... that's not a lot of browsing

sounds like it's time to look for another cell provider ....

which probably won't make much difference since the options are so limited compared to the us ....

thanks for the replies