Originally Posted by tuxsavvy View Post
You press the power key button on the N900 assuming you had your N900 turned on by your previous posts. Without N900 being turned on, no there's no other way of obtaining the data from within the N900.
So assume I could turn on my phone and pull up X Terminal by holding down Ctrl+Shift+X. What do I do next?

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
That command would not work if your device is setup to show lock screen and PIN screen. It would only work if your device actually boots up into hildon-desktop where you have a background, etc.

That command would not work if your device is setup to show lock screen and PIN screen. It would only work if your device actually boots up into hildon-desktop where you have a background, etc.
So that means I can't access any of my information until I fix the touch screen, right?

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Yes that's pretty much the case.

I'm interested in how you handle this also because I think my USB just gave out and I'm also in USA and out of 1 yr warranty (but I think my credit card extends it for another year)

Let us know what you did and the results, was the $80 an automated online quote or did u speak with someone? I would rather have Nokia fix it

Originally Posted by strayl View Post
HOWEVER, there is nothing on the screen. I can't see anything from the screen. Did I break the monitor? What should I do? I checked Nokia website and I can send it to Palco Cell Phone Repair to fix it for $80 or have Nokia fix it. Does anyone know how much Nokia will cost for repair? If you were me, what would you do? Should I just get a new phone? I only have this phone about 1.5 years. I like this phone..so I don't know what to do..please help!!!

This may be a silly post (I am not an expert!) but could it be possible to reflash the phone with the latest PR (leaving the eMMC alone) to remove the lock?