Active Topics

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Samsung Galaxy S 8GB 5" WIFI on woot today, $169.99 (+$5 shipping)

http://www.woot.com
Nice deal. US only though

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by maemouser1 View Post
Nice deal. US only though
...aaaaand SOLD OUT!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
2000+ units sold off within 10 hours.
Some interesting stats on this page:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4639001
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Anyone have any use history, or thoughts on the Motorola Milestone Droid? Looked interesting with the HWKB, but it had bad reviews from Amazon users...

Just keeping my eyes out, have a bad feeling Nokia Care is sending me a N8/E7 since my poor N900 was limping along.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by coderedcomputing View Post
Anyone have any use history, or thoughts on the Motorola Milestone Droid? Looked interesting with the HWKB, but it had bad reviews from Amazon users...

Just keeping my eyes out, have a bad feeling Nokia Care is sending me a N8/E7 since my poor N900 was limping along.
I can't speak specifically to the Motorola Milestone, but I have a Motorola Droid (A855) (FYI: The Milestone is GSM, the Droid is CDMA ...both are pretty much identical in most other ways.) I have had an extremely positive experience with mine--especially after rooting and flashing with CyanogenMod, but it's very nearly two years old. Any reason why you're looking at one of these only now?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Motorola Droid is the CDMA version, stock Android ("With Google"), unlocked bootloader, heaps and heaps of development, 550MHz OMAP3430.

Motorola Milestone is the GSM version, stock Android ("With Google"), locked bootloader, plenty of development, 600MHz OMAP3430.

I've got the Milestone and its a pretty solid device, once you customize it (with the new 2.2.1 kernel) it performs admirably. Slap on the GameGripper and a psx/n64 iso and you can ditch your PSP or DSi at home. The keyboard buttons are quite flat/hard to feel, though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
I haven't posted here in a while so I thought would stop by and visit.
Well I made some concept pics of the Google Nexus Prime and I want to know what you guys think.

based on the design of the galaxy w and Nokia n8

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Pretty nice Android Media Player/min tablet for 100 dollars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6GDaeJAYrA
1.2ghz ARM Cortex a8 so pretty decent performance. Though lol @ copying Samsung's design

Behold a supposedly leaked version of Android Ice Cream Sandwhich with some major ui improvements.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/28/i...-of-a-lucky-e/
seems pretty up to snuff with what the rumors are telling us. Look like a mixture of honeycomb, gingerbread, and touchwiz. I'm really liking what I see so far.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Behold a supposedly leaked version of Android Ice Cream Sandwhich with some major ui improvements.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/28/i...-of-a-lucky-e/
seems pretty up to snuff with what the rumors are telling us. Look like a mixture of honeycomb, gingerbread, and touchwiz. I'm really liking what I see so far.
The launcher looks a lot like Launcher Pro... That could be a fake.

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy