Active Topics

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by slai View Post
---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

What? How did you get this information? I havent heard anything from them at all.
I'm getting mine directly from Nokia Finland because I won it.
Btw, searched for your package at work today. No luck

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Yeah Im going to murder someone if they passed me over on this shipment of N9s and didnt mention it the two times I called them OR sent me an email about any of this at all.

Thanks for trying tho

Well, Nokia has said they will support the device.
Unless it's an official Nokia statement that describes exactly the parameters of that support it doesn't count. At best you will get a "where did we say that we would fix that?" response.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Any available list of tasks/apps you want to sync on your own time. Every 2 h or something?

If you want to sync calendar once a day but mail every 15 min.
Each account has its own sync options, like sync every 15 min, every 2 hours, once a day etc. Mail for Exchange can sync mails, contacts and calendar. If you'd want different sync schedule for MfE mail and calendar, you'd have to setup several accounts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Unless it's an official Nokia statement that describes exactly the parameters of that support it doesn't count. At best you will get a "where did we say that we would fix that?" response.

Of course. They are supporting Symbian^3.

In theory.

In reality Im on a downloaded Belle version outside of their SSU updates because Belle hasnt been released yet. It was supposed to be out... man its so long ago Ive forgotten when it was supposed to be. And its not even especially good.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
off-topic
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/rev...reviewed.ars/4

Gerbick, you own a WP, do you agree with this guy's sentiments?
Particularly in the "more to life than spec-sheets" section.

He's arguing that WP can compete against Android, if handset OEM's create unique designs for WP, that stand-out.
And then the poor variation in hw* (compared to Android), won't matter anymore.

I'm not sure I agree with much of his logic...
Plus he seems to feel feature-count wise, it's just as capable as Android/iOS.

*& a top-end specs cut-off, that's still a step behind Apple.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-01 at 17:56.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ New Delhi, India
What about just getting the N8 and downloading Belle? Thats what I did. Its still just a weaker Andoid-copy and its nowhere near good enough to compete with Android on my SGS2. Im predicting its nowhere near what the N9 offers either.
Well for one, its got better hardware specs than N8 (ofcrs, camera aside). Secondly N8 is a bit bulky and ugly for my liking, specifically the camera part. Although the 701 isnt really the miss universe of mobile phones but still looks better than N8 (atleast to me).

N i nvr said its as good as the SGS2 or N9. I was simly refering to the fact that IN CASE the N9 isnt sold in my country, i might go with it, coz m not really a big fan of android. n i'd rather wait for Google Nexus Prime, if at all i go android.

But then again this is simply my perception of it. usage and opinions will ofcrs vary.

Ah, I just thought you meant "id love to see N8 with Belle" :P .

No, I know you didnt say that. Im just saying that Belle on my N8 isnt even close to Android on an SGS2, as an example of a high end android device.

The issue I have with Belle is that its like Android, only not as good. It tries to emulate it with the homescreen solutios and the GUI in general, but does it very badly.

Thus I personally dont see the point of getting such a device unless you really HAVE to .

If N9 wasnt available in my country, Id buy it from another country and use it nonetheless. Id rather use an N9 from finland, for instance, than anything else from Norway. I run my phones in english anyways, and... well... what else is there. Maybe keyboard, but its software anyways and swype has language packs for most languages, so Id manage.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ New Delhi, India
...If N9 wasnt available in my country, Id buy it from another country and use it nonetheless. Id rather use an N9 from finland, for instance, than anything else from Norway. I run my phones in english anyways, and... well... what else is there. Maybe keyboard, but its software anyways and swype has language packs for most languages, so Id manage...
Well, thats a problem that we've alrdy discussed a couple of pages back. If I buy the N9 from some other country n import it in, i wont be able to get any customer support in my country even if i pay for it.

n yes N9 IS the best phone even for me, n m all for buying it. even got the money saved and ready, alrdy installed Nokia Link but I'm not going to import it if its not available for sale in my country (India). spending that much n then a possibility of no hardware support at all is too much of a risk to take.

Ah, for me its like... well its not that much, I guess phones in norway are cheap. If it died, id be sad and ****, but i could always get a new one once my paycheck ticks in.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????