Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
n9 Does have nicer multitask which makes things easier. btw there is already CSS mods for n9.
Makes what things easier? You totally went over my statement about how Swipe UI uses horizontal swipe and total lack of customization in Harmattan.

Let's compare. You go from your main list of apps, you swipe into or away from your app. If you're on the main page of tiles in WP7, you swipe right into the main apps list. Both are horizontal swiping... something you stated as if it were a negative. Both use it.

wp7 phone tiles doesnt have mass market support
Neither does Harmattan really. It's not even being deployed (I know, I know, blame Elop) in the US, UK, France, Germany... not directly. No advertising for the most part either - none I've seen outside of this forum.

No mass market support on either is also shared.

people like their icons and widgets, so much u have people picking a galaxy S of a slight superior FOCUS. (on hardware) wp is inferior to android.
That's your opinion, you're allowed. I even have to question it from time to time; however that's all subjective to whatever you're used to.

How about that horizontal swipe issue you had earlier? Android uses it on some launchers too.

I'm honestly not sure what point you're trying to make then or now.

Yay Harmattan? It's the bestest evar?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Speaker volume comparison with galaxy S2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMxFdecD7yI

10:01 Looks like a Russian Nokia rep showing two other people the phone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PylyPgey2rM

9:48 Czech unboxing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCOZOI5APhE

I see a lot of new apps at my meego
http://my-meego.com/software/

Last edited by aironeous; 2011-10-02 at 03:57.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
/SNIP
Why argue with someone who has clearly not used it, and just seems to want to spread FUD. There are more important things to worry about like getting that elusive n9 or at least some more info on its distribution

@qwazix
I didn't get that problem, that MUST suck horribly!!!! is this post Mango update? I wonder if the other devices have that problem as well. My experiences have been with the Omnia 7

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
Why argue with someone who has clearly not used it, and just seems to want to spread FUD. There are more important things to worry about like getting that elusive n9 or at least some more info on its distribution
Not arguing. Just wanted to hear some rationale, if it exists.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
For those who got n9, does the release fw has text reflow enabled for the browser?

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ holland
have any one try a video call with the N9 ... ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hayman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
For those who got n9, does the release fw has text reflow enabled for the browser?
The Harmattan browser has always had text reflow.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Denmark and Norway got the N9 a bit out of the blue, i mean they are the only two countries that have N9. Norway or Demark didn't even have any kind of official press statement about N9 release or anything.
So i would not judge the production numbers Finland Salo (and some other factory?) is able churn out N9's just yet. At least N9 isn't made in Korea.

N9 was the mass-market/consumer focussed iteration of Maemo/N900. There hasn't been anything mass market about it since February.
well norway seems to not have anymore someone here already stated telenor.no next deliver >20 so that make me wonder how many devices they actually got

too me it obviours the failing board are not even intrested to give this a device to sell even here! if only the stockholders waked up what is going on inside corrupted Nokia atm

I mean seriously n9 could had been a good competitor to Iphone .
they could had hypet it up make sure people stand outside the shops 10 hours before release or sometthing.

Instead they make buyers pissed. Nokia failing again.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-10-02 at 08:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
If you want a device fast and don't have any contacts. Don't preorder via webpage, go down to a few stores talk to the stores and pre order the device from them. And call them or visit them every second day until you get the device.

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
If you want a device fast and don't have any contacts. Don't preorder via webpage, go down to a few stores talk to the stores and pre order the device from them. And call them or visit them every second day until you get the device.
I have a better idea. Wear a balaclava, walk into a bank with a gun in your pocket and ask to talk to a negotiator. Said negotiator will ask you what you want expecting you to ask for a helicopter. Instead ask for an N9. After ensuring that said N9 has arrived, show that it was only a banana and offer to buy the N9 from the negotiator. Hire a lawyer.

It shouldn't be this hard to get an N9.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????