Heck, I got to the end of the thread and forgot to post before. I already contacted @gerbick earlier but if anybody gets a rolling list going of people interested in something like this, feel free to add me.

Funny how I'd have a better shot at getting a genie lamp than an N9 it seems.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Already updated in the "N9 [Shipping]: It's finally here [for some]" thread, but it looks like Nokia Mexico has informed my connection that they may not offer any warranty help/assistance to any USA/Canada customers for N9's purchased in Mexico.

It's not confirmed official, but it's close enough to official. I will follow up shortly.

My problem with this is that Nokia were to set up a direct community purchase program, this wouldn't be an issue. Give us one global place to send our phones just in case we need help/assistance/warranty work. I'm sure you'd see that folks would send it on in with us paying for the shipment to the service center(s).

So we know that Peter and Quim might not be the people to ask to get this done, but whom do we ask to get this started? Or at least to get some traction?

I need a plan B for not only myself, but for quite a few other folks.
What about that 196,742 square foot building they just purchased last year in California ? Perfect US support center..... just sayin

I'd definitely enjoy a black 64gb version....if it all possible....haha

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
What about that 196,742 square foot building they just purchased last year in California ? Perfect US support center..... just sayin
Would be perfect, but I'm willing to bet that's set aside for devices sold in this region. That currently excludes the Nokia N9.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Gerbick did you get a price from Mexico yet for both versions of the N9?.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
No offense, but... Do we know you? Does anybody that we recognize know this person personally?

good point, I don't know you, you don't know me, how do we establish some trust?
through ebay?

I will list the items up and usually it takes 24 hrs for it to be publicly available but I will send the item number stratight away to everyone and that way it can be purchased with ebay buyer protection program, ofcourse there is a listing fee.

Also, to be clear I am not making any money out of this, this is just to thank the community of what they have delivered for n900.

AND OFCOURSE all this if only I can get it from a distributor I was talking to earlier in the year for other phones. Other option of-course is the retailers.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vivmak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Instead of fighting a losing battle wit Nokia, could we approach some of the operators here in the US ? If they subsidize it, Nokia will have to honor the warranty.... Just a thought

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
good point, I don't know you, you don't know me, how do we establish some trust?
through ebay?

I will list the items up and usually it takes 24 hrs for it to be publicly available but I will send the item number stratight away to everyone and that way it can be purchased with ebay buyer protection program, ofcourse there is a listing fee.

Also, to be clear I am not making any money out of this, this is just to thank the community of what they have delivered for n900.

AND OFCOURSE all this if only I can get it from a distributor I was talking to earlier in the year for other phones. Other option of-course is the retailers.
That is exactly what i will be doing IF i have access to any more than the 20 i have on order.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
gerbick, I really appreciate what you're doing here.
I'm not capable of frequent travel into Mexico or any of the other countries that the N9 is released in, otherwise I'd have followed in your example.
Your email is simple and conveys what I've been meaning to say without any of the hurtful and hateful sentiments towards Mr Elop.

Thanks again for you've done dude.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Gerbick did you get a price from Mexico yet for both versions of the N9?.
No. In multiple threads, I have been rather forthcoming about what I know, as I find it out.

And the final price for the 64gb as well as the discount possible on the 16gb has not been confirmed in a solid enough manner for me to call it "confirmed" and final as of yet unfortunately.

I have a round number for now, which sounds great is on par with what's being quoted in most areas around the world - albeit just a bit lower by like 5-9% than some others.

When I find out more, I promise you and the others that I will alert those that are curious. The people that have sent me PM's, I will give them details and likelihoods about what to do next.

That's all I have right now, unfortunately.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
depression, nokia n9, purchase, the elop flop