Hi,
Yesterday I tried out qtmobilehotspot on my n900 and since then I am not able to connect to any wifi network.
Already tried to uninstall, check the connections, etc. But nothing seems to work. It finds my home network, tries to connect and fails with a network error. It connects to mobile internet though.

What could have caused this? It never happened before. It always connected with no issues but qtmobilehotspot must have changed something.

Any hints?

I have pr 1.3 and latest cssu. This is driving me crazy.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oban, UK
I'm running PR1.3, power-kernel 43, no CSSU and no problems running QtMobileHotspot ..so far... although can't seem to change wifi channel, so my connection drops out to my home network (same channel) after a while.

Are you running power-kernel? it's required.....

Also checkout thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...hlight=hotspot for more info about wifi hotspot commands.

The Following User Says Thank You to rizbert For This Useful Post:
Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
I think when you used the qtmobilehotspot, it may have left your wireless interface for your device in Ad-Hoc mode which renders it not able to see any nearby wireless networks.

You maybe able to get it working again by doing this (as root and you will need internet connectivity):
Code:
apt-get install wireless-tools && ifconfig wlan0 down && iwconfig wlan0 mode managed && ifconfig wlan0 up

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the replies.

I do have power kernel v48 and all the bells and whistles qtmobilehotspot required. :-) It must have been what tuxsavvy said, that qtmobilehotspot somehow left my n900 in ad hoc mode.

I eventually got things to work by reinstalling qtmobilehotspot and uninstalling again (and also reseted my router for safe measures also). Looking back, i remember some error message when i was trying it out so maybe it left some setting with the wrong value.

The thread rizbert seems interesting also. And maybe its me, but a shell script version of things somehow looks nicer and safer. ;-)

Again, thank you for the feedback.

I was experiencing the exact same issue as manifesto42 and had to take the same steps of removing qtmobilehotspot then restarting the wifi on my router.