Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
I have noticed this for sometime, but didnt find anybody with similiar problems. The thing is, my microB settings like text size, open in fullscreen, etc are not saved beyond a reboot. It reverts back to the original settings.

Can anybody help?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Are these items saved as a cookie? I think, but not totally sure, cookies are wiped on reboot.

One approach to this would be an add-on (xpi, I guess) that, although a part of the browser, was a self-contained entity that could load various settings - just my first thought.

As far as I'm aware, the UI is a sealed binary so interacting with it automatically/programmatically might be tricky.

One other thought - what's going on in your about:config? Are the settings conflicting? i.e. although you've said "largest text" in the UI, when the browser loads directly after booting up it will refer to the config over the UI setting - won't it?

Is this a normal behavior for others also? I doubt it. So, it has to be something wrong on my device.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

Try this, for the text-size:
Go to about:config (link doesn't work properly it seems!)
Press button saying you'll be careful.
Type "size" into the search bar at the top.

- are there any items in bold?
These are the ones that are non-default.

Having said that, I wonder if there's a way to re-install microB without flashing the device?
Or, better still, is there a means to update those parts that have been improved by Mozilla like replacing Gecko 1.9.2 with the current (HTML5) one?

Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Try this, for the text-size:
Go to about:config (link doesn't work properly it seems!)
Press button saying you'll be careful.
Type "size" into the search bar at the top.

- are there any items in bold?
These are the ones that are non-default.
No, none in bold after the filtering.

Having said that, I wonder if there's a way to re-install microB without flashing the device?
Or, better still, is there a means to update those parts that have been improved by Mozilla like replacing Gecko 1.9.2 with the current (HTML5) one?
Yes this seems interesting. I think there was some discussion going on here (can't find the thread) regarding porting Meego's browser...

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS