Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
Yeah. New Nokia update. They would likely remove Flash player thus solving the security issue
Anyone remember the FireWire security hole? The one when sysadmins were advised to pour hot glue into their servers fw ports because a modified iPod could hack all its way into any system
Probably Nokia will give some prize for such a great idea. They can surely do this one if situation warrants.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
I'd probably be stoned it I'd make a new thread titled "Flash 10 for N900 is alive", just to write in the first post:

Last edited by zdanee; 2011-09-23 at 11:21.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
maybe we do have the right to demand a security update from nokia. it is security after all, not just feature request. and not every N900 here's more than a year old or past their warranty period. bought mine this year so i think i still deserve some security update.
so THANK YOU JohnLF for filing a bug report.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
the mere number of bugs you listed should be compelling enough (didn't check them one by one though ). i just hope nokia listens...

If Nokia listens. But to whom should Nokia listen then? Whom will tell Nokia this? Or should Nokia read all the threads on this forum too to get some idea about with all is important and what is not?

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
Originally Posted by end2begin View Post
If Nokia listens. But to whom should Nokia listen then? Whom will tell Nokia this? Or should Nokia read all the threads on this forum too to get some idea about with all is important and what is not?
council is the only source to get to nokia adobe team !

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
I am just catching up on posts, forgot to mention I emailed "security@maemo.org" as requested and got a bounceback stating the email address was not recognised.

That sounds promising doesn't it...?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
I have a feeling part of the no flash v > 9 thing is some driver problem as well so it might be quite a hornet's nest! Might be wrong though.

Nokia do have an obligation to ensure that
(a) the device works as advertised (i.e. maintain the multimedia capabilities)
(b) users are as secure as possible
- so some action is required.

For those of us still in contract and warranty, it's something worth pursuing and we have a leg to stand on re: the above. Nokia's email support is shambollic, to say the least so we need to look into how else to contact them. Anyway, in the morning!

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Month later (EDIT: Sorry, a week later-ish. I'm stupid. Saw the month number and associated 10 with september for a minute), no updates. Anyone call someone in Nokia (though from the stories on this forum I suspect most of their support people don't even know what the N900 is, let alone any details about it), or keep hammering away at other e-mail based support vectors? Community council has contact information to other Nokians as I understand it, right? Any chance someone's asked them to bring this up since then?

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-10-10 at 04:05. Reason: I'm ******ed