Active Topics

Originally Posted by Lindegaard View Post
You got a point about the antenna!
Last night I was a bit annoyed that the Nokia store weren't as fast as I wanted, so I took several speed tests (4 or 5 times) and results varied between 1mbit and 650 kbit, and afterwards on my gf's iphone4 (white); 200 kbit and 400 kbit - and it's easy to say that it didnt didn't reach max speed on any phone, lol!
However the results, unscientific as it were, still showed that antenna isn't to be underestimated!
(- we use the same network carrier)
You have her beat in antenna and spec. The iPhone 4 is only 7.2 HSDPA and the N9 is 14.4 HSDPA.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by slai View Post
nope! now comes the fun part!
I'd prefer a new one, once dozens of us start getting it.
Just to purge all the crap and start again etc...
The OP should be someone who will actively update it.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by Pierre Manslapper View Post
Easier said than done. I don't have a regular schedule, get home at different hours each day, got stuff to do when I get there, or I'm just not sleepy.
Usually I have a short window when the Sandman comes and if I'm not ready to hit the sack and miss it, I just stare at the ceiling until the wee hours of the night...
There's a natural product called "AtoB calm. You mix it with hot water drink that. It's basically calcium and magnesium and a some powdered vinegar it calms your muscles and nerves.

There's another natural product called natural sleep you can get from lef.org and that's the sleep hormone and some milk peptides.
You take that and sip some atob and you're going to sleep within an hour.

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Jalyst: I nominate you as Creator. Im too lazy to bother, tbh. Id like to, but I know ive got busy phases where I wont be able to update it for streches of like a month or so at a time.

hmm interesting, i am not sure then. i would leave it on 3G.

so is the browser really THAT fast? comparable to an android?
Its fast. It feels like the FIRST loadup of for instance TMO is kinda slow, but then hopping from thread to thread and page to page is really fast. Dont know how else to explain it. Im judging technology based on my very human perception of "fastness". Which cant be very scientific.

Its nothing like SGS2 with its HSDPA+ and dualcore-browsing awesomeness.

But its faster than I expected, and fairly smooth. I get checkerboards, but that means its responsive even while loading, which is a plus. For checkerboardenthusiasts... or something...

Iunno, I like it for what it is. A browser. I expect a desktop version browser should come along, which depending on the speeds would replace the stock for me. But until then the stock is JUST fine and then some.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Denmark
Not sure what that means, asianmoomoo. You can set it to GSM or Dual or 3G.

The reason why I asked the above question is this: ITS ****ING FAST AS **** on the webbrowser. Like crazy fast. So I thought "maybe its using 3.5g for browsing and 2.5g for everything else?"

But maybe its just getting high speed... edge?

I could upload a video of the speeds Im getting, I think its weird as ****.
Are you the kind of person who drives 40mph on the highway? - how can a browser become too fast? I don't think I've ever heard that before!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lindegaard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Lindegaard: for Edge it just seems too fast. If it was 3.5g id be like "oh ok, thats 3,5g", but when the 2.5 shines up top it makes me go "y u a demon, phone?".

Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
@cue, @bbin and @everyone else banging on about HSPA+
you both miss the point. the comparison is subjective. so what he marked the N9 as better, you can argue that it doesn't have HSPA+ or that it has pentaband etc. but the real difference is how good the antenna is. if your signals crap you can't do **** with it anyway..
Exactly the point I was going to get to, but you beat me to it
I think I made this point earlier, as did a few others.

because of the materials used the n9 has a better signal then all/most phones available, this has been mentioned here on this tread with quotes from testers etc
Well it's really only one guys opinion so far, but so far so good.
Looking forward to some direct comparisons.
http://translate.google.com/translat...ntenne&act=url
Can't find the original write-up right now, thought it was telenor....

now lets end the argument now or make a new thread and argue there. you'd swear it was important someone's view was updated to your own.
Lets start a dedicated thread....
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...65#post1103565

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-05 at 21:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kjmackey View Post
WP7 Mango Bing does a good job - clean and fast (don't hate me, I bought an HTC HD7 because I need to make my own mind up about WP7 and it picked up Mango on the 2nd day).
Still waiting for my N9.
No hate here, so long as your still open-minded to learning about other platforms.
Unlike one guy here...

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Lindegaard View Post
You got a point about the antenna!
Last night I was a bit annoyed that the Nokia store weren't as fast as I wanted, so I took several speed tests (4 or 5 times) and results varied between 1mbit and 650 kbit, and afterwards on my gf's iphone4 (white); 200 kbit and 400 kbit - and it's easy to say that it didnt didn't reach max speed on any phone, lol!
However the results, unscientific as it were, still showed that antenna isn't to be underestimated!
(- we use the same network carrier)
This exactly what I'm trying to tell. Thank YOU Lindegaard!

I'm eager to see test results compared to iphone4s.

Trying to do this:

- Create a file called /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mymoves.list
- Into that file, enter this line: deb http://koti.kapsi.fi/~sh8dfwk/mymoves binary/

If I try:
mv /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/mymoves.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mymoves.list
i get this:
mv: can't create '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/mymoves.list': Permission denied

How do I fix that?
If you do an ls -al on that directory what are the user permissions?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ls
You'll want write 'w'

This will come in handy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chmod

I'm not sure what editor you can use, but if you try:
vi /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mymoves.list
Then type the entry your required to:
deb http://koti.kapsi.fi/~sh8dfwk/mymoves binary

And then save, does it give you the same prob?
Probably will....

Must sleeeep...

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????