Active Topics

he will meet some foxcon workers now...

Good article.

Last edited by daperl; 2011-10-10 at 15:26.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...am I the only one to wonder why there are so many Apple products / Jobs lovers (or at least repping one or both) on a Nokia / Linux forum?

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...am I the only one to wonder why there are so many Apple products / Jobs lovers (or at least repping one or both) on a Nokia / Linux forum?
Shut up, hater, and run the candle app in memory of our Lord, Steve Jobs. Also... on a related point, why aren't you wondering why there aren't so many Android people on too? I mean--THAT one I could probably answer personally.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Because Nokia makes **** now and Linux is still awaiting the "year of the Linux desktop" some decade and a half later perhaps?

I mean, that's the answer you were looking for, right?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Linux can't get it's "year of the desktop" because it's too sophisticated and complicated for you real Americans. :-P ;-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Linux can't get it's "year of the desktop" because it's too sophisticated and complicated for you real Americans. :-P ;-)
Hay! Speek Amurican wenn u tawk to me!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Hey, as an American (okay, Russian born and for a while raised in Russia, who moved to American with his family mid-childhood)... nvm. Carry on.

But allow me to say on a serious now, that people are stupid everywhere equally. As for Steve Jobs, I understand the loss of a loved one as my mother passed away from cancer under half a year ago, so my sympathies go out to his family and friends.

What I don't sympathize with is the cult-level adoration and emotional investment that some Apple-product people put into the guy, who have surfaced after his death with teary eulogies and the like. People die every day. MANY of them are good speakers, marketers, visionaries in one field or another, etc. Respect them all equally and feel for them all equally.

But I DO agree with the sentiments made in some of the other posts here, saying that the man truly did change the game - we might not like his products or what he made Apple as a whole, but his ideas and vision with regard to computers and computer-like devices did have a notable impact on the tech markets most visitors to this forum are enthusiastic about. The least we can do is acknowledge the good parts of that impact.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Will this thread JUST DIE ??

vv "oxygen wasters" that's golden. fyi no iPhone 5, but probably an iPhone 6 after the iPhone 4S.

Last edited by Kangal; 2011-10-11 at 05:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Will this thread JUST DIE ??
Just like Jobs, It's gonna take 7 years.

guy bought it after a long fight with Cancer. condolences to the Family, now move on.

I'm watching idiots on TV putting flowers outside apple stores (where they'll end up on the bin out the back at closing time) and saying how their lives have been changed forever and things will never be the same now he's gone.
FFS, get a life, oxygen wasters.

All he did was make billions for himself, whilst using child (dare I say slave) labour to do it, and convince a whole bunch of technologically illiterate people that a mediocre peice of electronics was the most important thing in their lives.

How many people died in Syria today?
How many people died Libya today?
How many people died in the vietnam/thialand floods today?

who cares? Steve jobs dropped a week ago.
oh they still haven't released the iphone 5 yet. What am i going to do!!!!!!!!!

/end rant

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:

Tags
r.i.p., steve jobs