Posts: 149 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
Done , I fixed it myself , I put a little piece of diskette tape on a half of sensor , now it works fine .
Ummm... what's "diskette tape"?

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
But is reacting to sunlight and bulblight default behaviour? Mine doesn't react to sunlight, to get it to react to my 20W CFL bulb I had to hold it ~2cm from the bulb and I couldn't get it to react at all to a 40W incandescent bulb. I do have a screen protector but it has a cutout so the proximity sensor isn't covered.
CFLs put out very little IR... they're made to be efficient in the visible spectrum.
40W incandescent is mood-lighting.
Try it with a 500W incandescent heat-lamp.

You probably don't see a problem in the sun because you're in England... that's quite a ways away from the equator compared to Florida. (I have no clue where the OP lives) Here, it's a constant irritant.

The Following User Says Thank You to glabifrons For This Useful Post:
Here is a photo of my work , sorry for the poor quality , it's taken with my old samsung d900i .

Tip : anyone who wants to try this , when you put the little square of diskette material , leave a little line hole . This way the sensor will work normal .
Attached Images

Last edited by Dragoss91; 2011-04-01 at 08:24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post:
my proximity error seems hardware but might be something else. i ran the script you gave and it only returned closed. whatever i did that i put infront of sunligt or next to the bulb. but whenever I exposed my phone to direct sun light its display got brighter. so what might be the problem?

Same problem as mine . Just send it back to Nokia or use my method wich it works very well . By the way , if you wanna do my mod , you are doing on your own risk , I am not responsible for any damage .

I have the same problem, im confused

I thought the diskette tape( no idea what that is) was put outside on the glass ?

If not, how did u open it up and what do you mean by line hole ?

Mines is out if warranty.

Thanks in advance

never mind, job done

used inside of a disk

cut it up slightly bigger and used double sided tape.

perfect!

tested very close under a light bulb and it shows open in terminal.

as a guide. please make sure you have quality small screwdrivers as the screws behind the screen are really hard to open. i have messed up a 3 heads while opening them, they managed to close and i think are fine.

thanks all

i tried this fix in direct sunlight

its still same, i make a call then when finished the phone is blank and need to be unlocked manually,

does anyone else know y this is ?

Sometimes it goes blank in the sunlight for me too , but with this mod if you cover the sensor a bit it works , just try .

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
In my phone, prox. sensor doesn't work at all when slider is closed. Where could this error come from?

Tags
just shoot me