Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
As long as Iphone need Itunes to sync then there no chances in hell i'm going to buy it....
i use to have Iphone 2G back in the years....really pains in the @ss having to install/sync Itunes in every pc & laptop i have....

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@tuxsavvy: if only all patents get implemented, huh? What an interesting world we'd live in

You can have all sorts of interesting theories and concepts, but they have to survive a harsh transition during their implementation and integration into our real world!

For example: think of the impact if Apple is a lone implementor of that patent to limit the capability to record live records? It'll have a negative commercial impact for Apple and concert promoters will have to strip-search all attendees to avoid media recording by non-apple devices, and provide phone locker service for the tens of thousands people?

@anonymous:
I don't resell them. I give them to some friends and family. I know they didn't experience serious problems because I'm the person they ***** and moan to about technical problems.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@tuxsavvy: if only all patents get implemented, huh? What an interesting world we'd live in

You can have all sorts of interesting theories and concepts, but they have to survive a harsh transition during their implementation and integration into our real world!

For example: think of the impact if Apple is a lone implementor of that patent to limit the capability to record live records? It'll have a negative commercial impact for Apple and concert promoters will have to strip-search all attendees to avoid media recording by non-apple devices, and provide phone locker service for the tens of thousands people?

@anonymous:
I don't resell them. I give them to some friends and family. I know they didn't experience serious problems because I'm the person they ***** and moan to about technical problems.
"time will tell... sooner or later... time will tell" - A quote from red alert intro movie @1:49

Last edited by tuxsavvy; 2011-10-09 at 07:49.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Don't know if this voice controlled artificial intelligence is so clever idea after all?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTg00...ayer_embedded#!

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I switched to iphone 4 after owning many NOKIAs. I have bought additional iphones, 3GSs that I have given away to family and children. The only complaint I got is battery life on 3GS. The battery life on iphone 4 is fantastic.

The reason I switched is simple. It works. Never had issues with email, never had issues with random reboots and the quality is just top notch. The search function is the best ever and VKB is by far the best. Google maps is perfect. Overall its a high quality phone that does what it advertises extremely well and covers all the basics without a hitch.
Nokia on the other hand made nice hardware. I loved my E71, except I couldnt search the phone, the function was waaay tooo slow, the email sucked big time, the fonts were wayyy tooo small and you needed to buy a separate program to enlarge them.

Its the difference that keeps getting bigger. Apple pays attention to the minutest of details. NOKIA pays attention to bottom line, and that bottom is getting harder to see for NOKIA. If I was a CEO of NOKIA, I would personally inspect the device in every continent and deliver a summary of all the defects I identified as a user, and have the team work day and night to fix it. Steve Jobs did that. It doesnt seem like anyone at NOKIA is doing it. Their quality control is gone down the tubes. Apple quality control is superior in many ways.

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
I switched to iphone 4 after owning many NOKIAs. I have bought additional iphones, 3GSs that I have given away to family and children. The only complaint I got is battery life on 3GS. The battery life on iphone 4 is fantastic.

The reason I switched is simple. It works. Never had issues with email, never had issues with random reboots and the quality is just top notch. The search function is the best ever and VKB is by far the best. Google maps is perfect. Overall its a high quality phone that does what it advertises extremely well and covers all the basics without a hitch.
Nokia on the other hand made nice hardware. I loved my E71, except I couldnt search the phone, the function was waaay tooo slow, the email sucked big time, the fonts were wayyy tooo small and you needed to buy a separate program to enlarge them.

Its the difference that keeps getting bigger. Apple pays attention to the minutest of details. NOKIA pays attention to bottom line, and that bottom is getting harder to see for NOKIA. If I was a CEO of NOKIA, I would personally inspect the device in every continent and deliver a summary of all the defects I identified as a user, and have the team work day and night to fix it. Steve Jobs did that. It doesnt seem like anyone at NOKIA is doing it. Their quality control is gone down the tubes. Apple quality control is superior in many ways.
I managed to test an iphone 4 for about a week and half (a friend asked me to take good care of it while he was on vacations), and I got to the exact same conclusion. I found the shortcomings and some of the weak points people tends to whine about (unable to send files using bluetooth to other devices, having to use itunes to sync and add music, etc) didn't really bother me. And found really good apps for RDP, VNC and SSH (something I need to have always at hand).

The only thing I missed from my n900 was the extremely awesome hardware keyboard.

I have to agree, IMHO, Nokia's hardware is excellent quality, but software, is almost alpha quality.

And now I'm going to buy an iphone 4s (was going to buy an iphone 4, but that sweet dual core A5 is really tempting).

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
The UK's Daily Mail...

World leaders in FUD.

My website

GitHub

What was obvious from day one:

http://news.yahoo.com/review-not-iph...010257223.html

Typical that the general iPhone public didn't get it.

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
What was obvious from day one:

http://news.yahoo.com/review-not-iph...010257223.html

Typical that the general iPhone public didn't get it.

I think the iPhone keynote rumour round-up was:
45% = iPhone 5 (major hardware improvement over iphone 4) + Cheap iPhone 4
40% = iPhone 4S + iPhone mini (a small cheap iphone 4 to regain market share)
15% = iPhone 4S + Cheap iPhone 4

iPhone 4S's biggest improvement is in software:
http://www.apple.com/ios/features.html#notification

-Notification Centre = stolen from Android
-Multitaskign Gestures = stolen from WebOS/QNX
-iMessages = stolen from Android
-Camera unlock = stolen from WP7
-PC free = stolen from Android
-AirPlay mirroring = stolen from TouchWizz
-Reminders = stolen from somewhere (WebOS/Windows Mobile?)
-Photos (editor) = stolen from somewhere (not sure, think from HTC Sense)
-Wifi-Sync = stolen from somewhere (not sure, think from Windows Mobile)

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
I am sick of iphone all over the web, to me it's the worst phone i ever owned, in fact i just threw one in the trash yesterday after fail attempt to replace the front cracked windows glass, got the defective replacement part probably. iQuit apple from now on, junks products. They are the only phone ever broke on me after using many other brands.

Tags
applecare++, ip4++, yawn++