Active Topics

Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
They suck for sure. I just went there and showed them the print out of Denmark post office saying it got sent to US and then their own page saying really no information and i said can you tell me where my package is and she flat out said no.
It's only been 6 days it should be atleast 10 days she says.
Which means I will not get it by Monday when I have to leave to go to the Philippines and which also means I have to find a way for my roommates to accept it so hopefully they don't require ID showing they are me and signing it. Hopefully they can just sign it for me. Also you know how rthe postman are they will just knock once and walk away in 5 seconds and move to the next house and leave a note comep pick it up at the post office and prove you are me with ID or it gets sent back to the sender.
I am really pissed off if i don't get it before i leave and it gets sent back with no way to accept it.
Wall of text, I'm mad.
I'm sorry to hear this. I have had some bad experiences with USPS.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
plaisio.gr removed the 16GB preorder page. The 64GB is still there with the price that the 16GB had until yesterday. Strange. (629eur if you are curious)

On the other hand Nokia.gr even has it as icon for the 'phones' category.

If the prices started dropping even before release, I'm going to wait.
I preordered the 64 GB from plaisio.gr the guy on the phone said they are expecting it at the end of the month but didn't sound really sure. i hope they don't fvck me over

Originally Posted by slai View Post
I was lined up. Behind this one other guy.
There is a line actually. But Nokia is nice, no need line up outside the shop(tsk tsk), put a deposit to order, if there's enough stock & the name high enough in the list, get free gift to go along too.

I think I was no. 20 sthing in the list for pre-order, that was 2 weeks before launch, before they even open for pre-order. 1st time ever Nokia has ''waiting list'

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Switzerland
Anybody else from this thread taking part to the Qt DevDays in Munich this year?

I've started a new discussion here about it:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...38#post1109038

Last edited by 0x4e84; 2011-10-15 at 10:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 0x4e84 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I know the thread you're basing that on, but we never confirmed that it def. uses that chip.
And the basis for that chip not supporting BT4.0 hasn't been completely solidified either.
Yes there was a forum response by a co. rep, but that's not exactly concrete...
And are you forgetting about the BT4.0 certification?
And what about advice from senior management in Australia that it's coming with the 1st update?
I gave you the link before:
gsmarena mentions BT 3.0 in the review.. I guess difference between 3 and 4 is just energy consumtion, but not transfer speed?

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by phatman2600 View Post
I'm sorry to hear this. I have had some bad experiences with USPS.
look at your package tracking. It just arrived in New Jersey

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
Yip....all the hollaballoo for nothing "sigh"
Proof where?
Mike's claims aren't exactly water tight yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I know the thread you're basing that on, but we never confirmed that it def. uses that chip.
And the basis for that chip not supporting BT4.0 hasn't been completely solidified either.
Yes there was a forum response by a co. rep, but that's not exactly concrete...
And are you forgetting about the BT4.0 certification?
And what about advice from senior management in Australia that it's coming with the 1st update?
I gave you the link before:
wl1273 is used and only support bt2.1 lspci in terminal confirms that. there is no bt4 its hoax until someone shows facts. dont get me wrong but I just want proves not rumors ir some cert.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Some Android people have too wake up and don't be so damn naive.

First of I am not a Nokia fanboy! But if you guys thinks that "Android is the future" cause of its "openess" or "support" well then you really of blind how bussiness works!

If you think all those manufactors will support the Android in the long time your also wrong.

End of 2012 this may very well changed ALOT.

For example I dont think Samsung will run Android end of 2012.

Same goes for SE. 2011 they did say "We go for Android" but now saying "Well we lock very close at WP but has no intrest atm. but it may change..."

And you really is foolish if you think Motorola will help Google:s Android in this patent wars in the long run.

You can say Maemo(Meego) is dead end too us who still prefer this platform. But don't come say Android is the way too go.

Its time for you people too wake up! If people prefer a phone like N9 go buy it. If people like SGS2 go buy it but DO NOT expect any company too give you support for long time! Its bussiness as usual.

This discussion about Android better than Maemo OR company A is better than B etc.. is just plain ridicilous! If you dont like Maemo Harmattan+Qt go buy an Android but dont think you can convince the rest of the word that youre right its just plain stupid! We all are different. Its like saying too christian people they must be buddist or Muslims should be Ateist. We all are different accept this! Dont feed people saying your an idiot if buying N9!

Why bother to be here at TMO? Are you people that stupid soo you all think users who intrested too buy N9 will change theyr mind cause you think you are some kind of "better person cause I a soo smart cause I go buy Android device instead?"

I dont think soo :-(

I am just plain sick of reading it over and over again. So its time for me add three more persons too the ignore list!
Sing along with us Michael:

ANDROID! Cha cha cha

ANDROID! Cha cha cha

ANDROID! Cha cha cha

ANDROID! Cha cha cha

ANDROID! Cha cha cha

ANDROID! Cha cha cha

ANDROID! Cha cha cha

ANDROID! Cha cha cha

ANDROID! Cha cha cha

ANDROID! Cha cha cha

ANDROID! Cha cha cha

ANDROID! Cha cha cha

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
But what I dont get is why some Android users are here when they only intrested too talk about how good Android mobiles is and how stupid Nokia and how "N9 will not be supported and there will be no apps"
Because it's true, Michael Computing.

What else is there to say about the N9 really? I'm not spending £529 on a phone that is going to be obsolete as quick as it started.

So yeah, the N9 is stupid, pointless, will not be supported, is expensive and could cost you a full head of hair trying to get hold of one in the first place.

Stop being in denial, you need to come to terms with the fact that Android (or anything other than what Nokia produces) is where it's at.

<removed>

Last edited by Reggie; 2011-10-15 at 17:39.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????