Active Topics

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Not at this time, though I would like to offer that option in future.
Please do, as I'd prefer you got the largest amount of money from your app as possible. Keep up the good work, man.

The Following User Says Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
The app looks nice. Any change for a Last.fm Scrobbler?

I have to say I really like this application. One thing that I don't get is the first view. It seems to be always empty.

Noticed small bug, I selected all hottest tracks to my playlist. Everytime I skip to next track only the first second of the new track is played. I have to tap pause and then play to start the track playing after one second.

Last edited by Petteri; 2011-10-16 at 20:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to Petteri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Petteri View Post
I have to say I really like this application. One thing that I don't get is the first view. It seems to be always empty.

Noticed small bug, I selected all hottest tracks to my playlist. Everytime I skip to next track only the first second of the new track is played. I have to tap pause and then play to start the track playing after one second.
The dashboard shows activities of users that you follow. Are you following any users on SoundCloud. If not, that would explain why your dashboard is empty. Can you compare it with your dashboard on the website and report any differences? That would be helpful.
If you prefer not to have the dashboard displayed, you can choose to load the standard homescreen on startup. The option is in Settings -> Media/Content. Switch 'Load dashboard on startup' to 'off' and the standard homescreen (with 'You', 'Search', 'Explore' and 'Archive' options) will be displayed instead of your dashboard. You can also switch to the standard homescreen at any time by choosing 'Show homescreen' from the menu.

When skipping tracks, I occasionally find that there is a brief pause (for about a second) at the beginning of the track, after which playback is resumed. This will be due to buffering. Once the buffer fills, the track plays smoothly from then on. Have you tried leaving the player to see if the playback resumes? Playback should definitely not pause without user intervention.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Petteri View Post
The app looks nice. Any change for a Last.fm Scrobbler?
I'm looking at the documentation for that now, and it looks simple enough. I should be able to include it in the next update.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-10-17 at 00:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
The dashboard shows activities of users that you follow. Are you following any users on SoundCloud. If not, that would explain why your dashboard is empty. Can you compare it with your dashboard on the website and report any differences? That would be helpful.
If you prefer not to have the dashboard displayed, you can choose to load the standard homescreen on startup. The option is in Settings -> Media/Content. Switch 'Load dashboard on startup' to 'off' and the standard homescreen (with 'You', 'Search', 'Explore' and 'Archive' options) will be displayed instead of your dashboard. You can also switch to the standard homescreen at any time by choosing 'Show homescreen' from the menu..
This was it. I not that familiar with soundcloud, i just had a user account there. I put Load dashboard on startup to off and now the starting screen is much nicer

When skipping tracks, I occasionally find that there is a brief pause (for about a second) at the beginning of the track, after which playback is resumed. This will be due to buffering. Once the buffer fills, the track plays smoothly from then on. Have you tried leaving the player to see if the playback resumes? Playback should definitely not pause without user intervention.
Explains a lot. I was too hasty, seems to work as you describe.

The Following User Says Thank You to Petteri For This Useful Post:
I'm looking at the documentation for that now, and it looks simple enough. I should be able to include it in the next update.
Sounds good

Scrobbling to Last.fm is now implemented. I just need to give it some further testing before I submit an update to Nokia Store QA.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Lovely app, that nicely softens the transition from n900 (flash) to n9. I am having some trouble with a couple of my own tracks however. Both are set to private. The other one isn't even displayed in my own tracks, the other shows fine, but refuses to play at all. Could you look into this?

The Following User Says Thank You to renko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by renko View Post
Lovely app, that nicely softens the transition from n900 (flash) to n9. I am having some trouble with a couple of my own tracks however. Both are set to private. The other one isn't even displayed in my own tracks, the other shows fine, but refuses to play at all. Could you look into this?
I'm preparing an update atm, so I'll see if I can fix this issue before submitting the update to Nokia Store. I'll upload some private tracks to my account and investigate.

My website

GitHub

Tags
music, musikloud, soundcloud