Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
I tested that video it played fine without problem.
I've been having problems since the latest update. I tried the video mentioned, by BlueGirl133 without any success . I then tried the same in cutetube-qml and it worked fine. This is the same with every video I've tried.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I've been having problems since the latest update. I tried the video mentioned, by BlueGirl133 without any success . I then tried the same in cutetube-qml and it worked fine. This is the same with every video I've tried.
I think I know why some of you still get the video restriction problem. The problem was you got the update version 0.1.0 from ovi store instead of maemo extra. To fix this problem uninstall the app and install it from maemo extra instead. The ovi store version 0.1.1 will contain a fix, which will take sometimes to show up as QA process is going to take a few days. For immediate fix, just install v0.1.0 from maemo extra.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
You are right with reinstallation but from maemo-extra catalog.
It worked for me. THANK YOU.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
I think I know why some of you still get the video restriction problem. The problem was you got the update version 0.1.0 from ovi store instead of maemo extra. To fix this problem uninstall the app and install it from maemo extra instead. The ovi store version 0.1.1 will contain a fix, which will take sometimes to show up as QA process is going to take a few days. For immediate fix, just install v0.1.0 from maemo extra.
Sadly nope, still the same problem (was installed from extras-devel the first time too).

Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
Sadly nope, still the same problem (was installed from extras-devel the first time too).
Have you had this problem with previous version? If the current version work for others but not for you, then it must be something different about your device or perhaps the way youtube works in your location.

This video is only available in YouTube website. Just like it meants
This is normal, you will run into this sometimes when youTube publisher restricted their video be viewed only on youTube website. The reason I didn't filter it out, because it might be your uploaded video as well.
But the same video will be played in Ytube. Earlier in Ytube also this problum & later they solved this..so please check this issue...

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Have you had this problem with previous version? If the current version work for others but not for you, then it must be something different about your device or perhaps the way youtube works in your location.
v0.0.9 worked well for a while. I havent used it for some days before updating to v0.1.0 so Im not sure if it is a problem with nvideo of if youtube had changed something. As I said cuteTube-QML plays the videos. Tomorrow I'll roll it back to 0.0.9 and try it that way.

Is there any log (or verbose-mode) I can give you to help analyze the problem?

Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
v0.0.9 worked well for a while. I havent used it for some days before updating to v0.1.0 so Im not sure if it is a problem with nvideo of if youtube had changed something. As I said cuteTube-QML plays the videos. Tomorrow I'll roll it back to 0.0.9 and try it that way.

Is there any log (or verbose-mode) I can give you to help analyze the problem?
If the v0.9.0 worked for you then I am sure that you have installed the update version from ovi. Uninstall and disable the ovi category in PAM to make sure you won't pull from ovi and reinstall.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Reinstalling from extra-testing fixed my "Video Restriction" problem.... thank you!

Since I have never used NVideo before, I began testing everything to see how NVideo works.

I found a few quirks:
  • Context Menu/Long Press did not work when I first tried it. (no popup)
    I don't think started working until the first time I logged into my YouTube account.
    After that it worked, whether I was logged in or not.
  • Canceling a download caused NVideo to close/exit.
  • Canceling playing a video (before it actually started playing); caused NVideo to become non-functional.
    You can still do most things, but you can not play anymore videos (until you restart NVideo).
  • Browsing "Downloaded" caused Restricted Access error message.
    I had not downloaded anything via NVideo, but the .video folder already had various videos that I transferred from my PC.
    I wanted to see if NVideo could play any of them.
    I checked permissions and ownership of both the files and folders. No problem there.
    So, I created a empty folder and pointed NVideo's downloads to it.
    This fixed the "Restricted Access" error message.

Last edited by kbyork; 2011-10-20 at 06:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to kbyork For This Useful Post:
More problems... (sorry)

The last thing that I tested last night was add 4 videos to the download queue, and then start the downloads.

(they downloaded very fast)

Tonight I tried playing them.
I could play every-other video.
(the first would play. The second would give: Fatal Error: Could not open source media.)

I played them in different orders (to see if the error was related to the actual file or to the player).
The error message followed the 2nd and 4th file (regardless of playing order).

I transferred the videos to my PC. I was able to play all of them.

I rebooted the N900, and tried again.... same results.

I then went to YouTube and tried viewing some videos.
Every YouTube video gave the same Fatal Error: Could not open source media. message.

What should I do now?
Are there any log files or configuration files that I should send you?

Last edited by kbyork; 2011-10-20 at 06:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to kbyork For This Useful Post: