Hello this maybe confusing to some people!
I wanted to know if it's possible to port google Video and voice browser plug-in on n900 so u can make direct call from the phone not through google voice or google dial where u call a number and google voice calls the number u dialed and then calls your number..

I mean a direct phone call from the browser like u can on a pc and ubuntu from gmail talk.

I hope i'm clear what i mean and i dont get misunderstood...

I'd really appreciate your replies..

Hello marxian and thanks for your reply...

I know you can make a call trough qgvdial and dialcentral...
But that's not what i meant...
I know people will misunderstand me with this one or correct me if i'm wrong...
When u dial a number from dialcentral or qgvdial the call goes through google voice and calls the number u dialed and then calls your number on the phone or skypeout number..

Now when you call on a browser on a pc or ubuntu the call goes direct to the number u dial not through google voice..

i hope u get what i mean...

Last edited by gent; 2011-10-08 at 23:08.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by gent View Post
Hello marxian and thanks for your reply...

I know you can make a call trough qgvdial and dialcentral...
But that's not what i meant...
I know people will misunderstand me with this one or correct me if i'm wrong...
When u dial a number from dialcentral or qgvdial the call goes through google voice and calls the number u dialed and then calls your number on the phone or skypeout number..

Now when you call on a browser on a pc or ubuntu the call goes direct to the number u dial not through google voice..

i hope u get what i mean...
qgvdial has the capability to dial through google voice without having Google Voice call back your number.
On the dial pad, select a outgoing number which has text that starts with "Dial out".
It's possible to direct dial out using the phone's phone number, or SIP or Skype.
"Dial out" means qgvdial will get a temporary number from Google Voice that represents the actual number you want to dial to. Then qgvdial dials out using the phone account you selected. This way, Google Voice doesn't call back, and there's isn't that irritating experience of "I wanted to call someone, but I had to pick up a call to do it".
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

hi uvatbc.
the problem is that i cant dial from qgvddial.
When i try to call from qgvdial it tells me (acount not configured)...
Maybe that's only me but is it anybody else familiar with this problem?

Last edited by gent; 2011-10-15 at 22:40.

hi uvatbc.
the problem is that i cant dial from qgvddial.
When i try to call from qgvdial it tells me (acount not configured)...
Maybe that's only me but is it anybody else familiar with this problem?
"Account not configured" is thrown up when you haven't fully completed the setup of your Google Voice account.
The setup steps that are usually remaining are
1. assigning a Google Voice number to your GV account. Google lets you chose a new number for your account
2. Specifying at least one real phone number with your GV account. This is required because Google needs to know at least one number of yours so that GV can forward incoming calls to you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help uvatbc...
OK now when you call through qgvdial u you can make calls from dial back option and dial out option ...
Dial out number still uses your minutes of skype out or your phone minutes..
Now what i meant from the beginning is that ... can someone port voice plugin where you make direct calls from within gmail talk like from your pc or ubuntu ....

Thanks for your help uvatbc...
OK now when you call through qgvdial u you can make calls from dial back option and dial out option ...
Dial out number still uses your minutes of skype out or your phone minutes..
Now what i meant from the beginning is that ... can someone port voice plugin where you make direct calls from within gmail talk like from your pc or ubuntu ....
The source for the browser plugin that Google has created for gmail is with Google. It is not open source.

That said, there is a thread on t.m.o. created by xur17 that explains in detail an alternative way by which free outgoing Google Voice calls can be made.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Ranheim
I do not succeed to login in qgvdial with my email and password.
any relation to dialcental which I have installed and not having problems to login?

Originally Posted by goverweg View Post
I do not succeed to login in qgvdial with my email and password.
any relation to dialcental which I have installed and not having problems to login?
Using dialcentral shouldn't have any problems with qgvdial.
Can you email me your log file? It should be on your phone at /home/user/.qgvdial/qgvdial.log

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Ranheim
Hl uvatbc,
I managed to login by using the debug web view and login in there
Now using the phone out Phone option and dialing an international number (from outside the US), I get called back with a +1760.... number, saying;
Could not complete my call Please try again
What could cause this?
Call back with an ip number in my GV setup doesn't give any problems. but for that I can use Dialcentral

The Following User Says Thank You to goverweg For This Useful Post: