Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
A final question, - why is the limitation to two weeks back? Same as the n900? I have lots of personal folders with contacts, quotes for business etc. There no point in having IMAP if anything other than the last two weeks can't be pulled down when out and about. Pointless.
Sorry, could you clarify your point a little bit? What kind of limitation in IMAP accounts do you refer to? In IMAP, you can just press "get more mails" button and you will get as may mails as you wish.

Have I missed something?

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
I have 'get' message and attachment selected rather than just headers, is that where you mean?

I still get some messages with only headers, and some perfectly ok

I have selected 'get messages and attachments'. Some emails are fine, others only show the headers.

When I 'reply to all' only the sender is replied to, none of the cc's appear.

Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
Sorry, could you clarify your point a little bit? What kind of limitation in IMAP accounts do you refer to? In IMAP, you can just press "get more mails" button and you will get as may mails as you wish.

Have I missed something?
When I am setting up the mail, it only gives me the option of pulling in mail from the last two weeks. There is no "all" option. Can I pull any extra down using "get more?"

What I mean is I have mail from maybe a year ago, that I need to reference, is there no way of pulling it all in, so that the older mails in the folders show was well?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Also, is there no way to add flagging to messages? That's an integral part of MfE for me, I could do it on every other platform that used it.

Last edited by scaramanga89; 2011-10-19 at 09:40.

Continuum to my previous messages:

Problem description: Account Setup -> Add Account -> Mail for Exchange fails;
a) Sign in offers an "incorrect certificate", after accepting setup fails with "Check account settings.",
b) Manual Setup throws screen with login credentials continuously w/o error, unless route a) has been taken 1st.

Workaround: No workaround known/found.

Tried adding the (very valid and CA signed) SSL-certificate manually over Blutooth from OWA/Webmail to the N9. It was installed properly under Settings -> Security -> Certificates and visible under e.g. User certificates (the whole chain).

Did not help with the problem. Another certificate is still being offered when choosing the "Sign in" -option (as previously explained). Note that this particular certificate does not seem to get 'Saved' anywhere, at least I cannot find it in the same store. This would lead to think that the N9 has also a secondary certificate store, like supposedly the N900 has/had in the past?

Nothing gets into activesync.log from multiple tries of setting up an MfE account.

(Please note that I'm not trying to access over Corporate network, but public Wifi and 3G. Logging into the webmail does not and has not prompted any certificate notifications.)

Ideas?

Update: Case a) reason seems to be that the automatic settings with firstname.lastname@domain.com connects to another server, which is not the same as webmail.domain.com and the Exchange auto-discovery does not work (noticed that the certificate has another hostname than our webmail-server).

Still, manual settings do not fly either.

Last edited by Axu; 2011-10-19 at 11:55.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Axu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
When I am setting up the mail, it only gives me the option of pulling in mail from the last two weeks. There is no "all" option.

How do you configure your mail account? You go to the Accounts application, right? Which account do you select there?

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by Axu View Post
Continuum to my previous messages:

Problem description: Account Setup -> Add Account -> Mail for Exchange fails;
a) Sign in offers an "incorrect certificate", after accepting setup fails with "Check account settings.",
b) Manual Setup throws screen with login credentials continuously w/o error, unless route a) has been taken 1st.

Workaround: No workaround known/found.

Tried adding the (very valid and CA signed) SSL-certificate manually over Blutooth from OWA/Webmail to the N9. It was installed properly under Settings -> Security -> Certificates and visible under e.g. User certificates (the whole chain).

Did not help with the problem. Another certificate is still being offered when choosing the "Sign in" -option (as previously explained). Note that this particular certificate does not seem to get 'Saved' anywhere, at least I cannot find it in the same store. This would lead to think that the N9 has also a secondary certificate store, like supposedly the N900 has/had in the past?

Nothing gets into activesync.log from multiple tries of setting up an MfE account.

(Please note that I'm not trying to access over Corporate network, but public Wifi and 3G. Logging into the webmail does not and has not prompted any certificate notifications.)

Ideas?

Update: Case a) reason seems to be that the automatic settings with firstname.lastname@domain.com connects to another server, which is not the same as webmail.domain.com and the Exchange auto-discovery does not work (noticed that the certificate has another hostname than our webmail-server).

Still, manual settings do not fly either.
We are checking this "certificate issue". If we find any solution/workaround that could be done I'll post it ASAP in this thread.

P.S. Unfortunately, there is no way to get logs from account plugin (if you don't have an access to /var/log/syslog).

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
I'm using MfE (PR1.1) connecting to my Gmail.

1. Mail -- works really well. Delete from Gmail, and N950 updates. Same with marking an email as read/unread.

2. Calendar -- There's a bug from N950 to Gmail. Calendar entry description is not synced back to Exchange. Exchange to Calendar app works however.

3. Contacts -- 2-way update works well.

Last edited by Reggie; 2011-10-19 at 13:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
2. Calendar -- There's a bug from N950 to Gmail. Calendar entry description is not synced back to Exchange. Exchange to Calendar app works however.
Yep. We are aware of this bug. Fixed but not in PR.1.1. Later.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
We are checking this "certificate issue". If we find any solution/workaround that could be done I'll post it ASAP in this thread.

P.S. Unfortunately, there is no way to get logs from account plugin (if you don't have an access to /var/log/syslog).
Getting /var/log/syslog to actually have some content required me to install the relevant packages (Settings > Security > Developer mode > Logging). After this, a reboot and a re-try on MfE manual settings, the syslog is populated with:

Code:
Oct 19 18:32:50 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] Accounts::Service* MfeAccountSetupContext::getMfeService(const QString&, const QString&) "mfemail" 
Oct 19 18:33:07 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] virtual void MfeCheckCredentialsDialog::createContent() 
Oct 19 18:33:08 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] void MfeCheckCredentialsDialog::onAppeared() already online 
Oct 19 18:33:08 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] void MfeCheckCredentialsDialog::sendRequest() 
Oct 19 18:33:08 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] Connecting to URL:  "https://webmail.domain.com:443/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync" 
Oct 19 18:33:08 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] QNetworkReplyImpl::_q_startOperation was called more than once
Oct 19 18:33:08 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] void MfeCheckCredentialsDialog::onSendFinished(QNetworkReply*) replyError= 204 "Host requires authentication" 
Oct 19 18:33:08 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] error( 0 )= 204 
Oct 19 18:33:08 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] MfeAuthenticationFaildSheet::MfeAuthenticationFaildSheet(MfeAccountSetupContext&) 
Oct 19 18:33:10 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] void MfeCheckCredentialsDialog::sendRequest() 
Oct 19 18:33:10 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] Connecting to URL:  "https://webmail.domain.com:443/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync" 
Oct 19 18:33:10 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] void MfeCheckCredentialsDialog::onSendFinished(QNetworkReply*) replyError= 204 "Host requires authentication" 
Oct 19 18:33:10 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] error( 0 )= 204 
Oct 19 18:33:11 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] void MfeCheckCredentialsDialog::sendRequest() 
Oct 19 18:33:11 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] Connecting to URL:  "https://webmail.domain.com:443/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync" 
Oct 19 18:33:12 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] void MfeCheckCredentialsDialog::onSendFinished(QNetworkReply*) replyError= 204 "Host requires authentication" 
Oct 19 18:33:12 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] error( 0 )= 204 
Oct 19 18:33:13 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] void MfeCheckCredentialsDialog::sendRequest() 
Oct 19 18:33:13 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] Connecting to URL:  "https://webmail.domain.com:443/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync" 
Oct 19 18:33:13 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] void MfeCheckCredentialsDialog::onSendFinished(QNetworkReply*) replyError= 204 "Host requires authentication" 
Oct 19 18:33:13 (none) mfeplugin[2259]: [Debug] error( 0 )= 204
Any pointers?

(Might be that the certificate is not "the issue" after all, as our Corporate config in-between is a bit wild.)

Update: Interesting, seems that I get the same log entry repeated even if I type a wrong password, instead of the correct credentials. Maybe my password with some special characters (e.g. 1st char) could be the cause? Will investigate further.

Last edited by Axu; 2011-10-19 at 16:05.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950