Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by ppj View Post
Update on my part: I set up MfE while connected to our internal WiFi using server internal name (so no certificates needed), and it worked flawlessly. So now I have MfE while in office . Actually even that is better than nothing as at least I can do a sync before leaving office and thus have an offline copy of calendar and mail with me.

Getting the certificates working would be nice though...
Thanks for your post! I really believe that we will fix it... (Especially now, when we found the problem)

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2011-10-20 at 19:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to add a signature to the N9 exchange account

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Thanks for all the effort you're putting into this thread Sergey.
It's really, really, appreciated by us all...
You really have been extremely responsive.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fingirl View Post
Is it possible to add a signature to the N9 exchange account
Sure: go to the accounts app -> tap on the MfE account -> tap on "Mail" -> enable sugnature (don't forget to edit signature's text if needed )
For Other Mail Account (IMAP for example) you can enable it almost by the same way:
go to the accounts app -> tap on the account -> enable sugnature -> edit text (if needed)

Quite simple, isn't it?

P.S. I thought it should be enabled by default...

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Thanks for all the effort you're putting into this thread Sergey.
It's really, really, appreciated by us all...
You really have been extremely responsive.
Thanks!

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Hi, small feedback, I have the "Inbox not recognized" bug, too.

I have a old ovi account, transfered now to the hoster yahoo. Only for your information.

So, to nail down this bug: I have the german language settings set on my N950.
And at the Mailclient appears a empty Folder "Eingang" - the german translation of "Inbox". I'm unable to mark this folder with a star, so it is perhaps a special folder. But I have no such Folder hat the IMAP server. There the folder is called "Inbox" and I'm able to access this Inbox Folder at your Mailclient without problems. But it is accessed like any other folder - and I'm able to favourite it.

Additionally to my Folders on the Server I have several other empty german Folders like "Ausgang".

So I guess this is a translation problem. Perhaps the "Inbox" is somewhere translated where a translation will cause a bug.

Hope this helps. Keep on the good work!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Well, I can tell you a "dirty hack" that will allow you to download all messages from your Exchange server. However, it's not recommended solution, because it is not an official feature.

To do this hack you need to:
1) Connect your device to PC in mass storage mode.
2) Open /home/user/.accounts/accounts.db (it is an SQLite database, so you need something like sqlitebrowser to open and edit it)
3) In this DB you should find in "settings" table an "email/past_time" setting (this is a string in the 'key' column) for your MfE account and change value to 0.
4) Save DB.
5) Disconnect your device from PC.
6) Reboot the device.
7) Sync your MfE account (if it will not start syncing automatically).

WARNINGS:
1) This hack might confuse you a bit, because after that hack you will see sync back mails as "3 days" value (plus it might overwrite this setting in the DB, so it's better to not save it at all (or even not open mail account settings)).
2) Manual changes in the accounts DB might corrupt the DB, so, in case of any troubles, you'll have to recreate ALL accounts (this is means that you will lose ALL accounts info).
!!!!THIS IS NOT SOMETHING RECOMMENDED TO DO. DO IT IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK - All the accounts can be corrupted!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot Sergey, will give it a go. Is it something that you would be looking to address in future updates? How come it's a standard feature on other MfE devices? The same question about flags please, will they ever be coming?

Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
Thanks a lot Sergey, will give it a go. Is it something that you would be looking to address in future updates? How come it's a standard feature on other MfE devices? The same question about flags please, will they ever be coming?
Sorry, but can't promise you anything about this features (especially about flags).

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Odense S, Denmark
Originally Posted by fettouhi View Post
I had my brother change setting on his Exchange server and low and behold now my N9 can connect to his 2010 Microsoft Exchange server. But he doesn't want the server to run with this option so this needs to get fixed on the N9.
Is there a fix for this problem with the certificates? Will this be fixed in PR1.1?

Originally Posted by fettouhi View Post
Is there a fix for this problem with the certificates? Will this be fixed in PR1.1?
Definitely not in PR1.1.

Just a quick question is there any idea whether a vpn client will be enabled/developed for the n9 mfe?

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950