Active Topics

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I'm preparing an update atm, so I'll see if I can fix this issue before submitting the update to Nokia Store. I'll upload some private tracks to my account and investigate.
Great to hear. I emailed you the track links, if they maybe could clue you in on the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to renko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Bad news. In order to play private tracks, it is necessary to supply the access token in the url. This must be done using SSL encryption (i.e. HTTPS). Unfortunately, the audio player component does not support streaming via HTTPS. I tried using plain HTTP, but the server returns 'Bad request'. This means that it will not be possible to play private tracks within the application. You can still download them and play them from the archive. I will add some code to handle attempts to play private tracks.

Regarding the track that was not displayed in the results: I notice that there is an 'Apps enabled' setting when you upload a track. Is it possible that you disabled this for the track in question?

My website

GitHub

Bad news. In order to play private tracks, it is necessary to supply the access token in the url. This must be done using SSL encryption (i.e. HTTPS). Unfortunately, the audio player component does not support streaming via HTTPS. I tried using plain HTTP, but the server returns 'Bad request'. This means that it will not be possible to play private tracks within the application. You can still download them and play them from the archive. I will add some code to handle attempts to play private tracks.

Regarding the track that was not displayed in the results: I notice that there is an 'Apps enabled' setting when you upload a track. Is it possible that you disabled this for the track in question?
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU..... I'd totally missed that app setting, that's the culprit right there.

Anyways, shame that private tracks can't be streamed, but downloading and playing from the archive will get the job done. Thanks for looking into this.

The Following User Says Thank You to renko For This Useful Post:
Hi marxian, I'm trying Search -> People and typing a username but musikloud just displays Loading... and spinner keeps spinning. Is there a bug with people search?
Also noticed that if "share via connections" -> Facebook message text includes scandic characters like дц, it will give "Internal Server Error". Anyone else with similar probs?

Last edited by Jaykie; 2011-10-20 at 13:10.

Originally Posted by Jaykie View Post
Hi marxian, I'm trying Search -> People and typing a username but musikloud just displays Loading... and spinner keeps spinning. Is there a bug with people search?
Also noticed that if "share via connections" -> Facebook message text includes scandic characters like дц, it will give "Internal Server Error". Anyone else with similar probs?
People search isn't working. I should be submitting an update today (with Last.fm scrobbling), so I'll fix that beforehand. The facebook error will be an encoding issue. The server will be expecting those characters to be URL encoded. I can fix that also.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
People search isn't working. I should be submitting an update today (with Last.fm scrobbling), so I'll fix that beforehand. The facebook error will be an encoding issue. The server will be expecting those characters to be URL encoded. I can fix that also.
Thanks for fast reply marxian! Anything you could also do for quicker resuming of playback (streaming) once you have pressed Pause button? It takes quite a long time when you are listening to music sets that are like from 1 hour to 2 hours long.

Originally Posted by Jaykie View Post
Thanks for fast reply marxian! Anything you could also do for quicker resuming of playback (streaming) once you have pressed Pause button? It takes quite a long time when you are listening to music sets that are like from 1 hour to 2 hours long.
I think the problem is that the audio player empties the buffer when playback has been paused for a certain length of time. So, when you resume playback, it behaves as if you have just started playback from the beginning and attempted to seek to the current position. For a long track, it will then take a while to seek to the current position and fill the buffer again. In the current implementation, I can't really influence this behaviour, but I will at least look at moving the audio playback code to C++, which will might give me access to lower level APIs.

My website

GitHub

I have now submitted version 1.0.2 to Nokia Store QA. Here's the changelog:

New features:

* Scrobbling of tracks to Last.fm.

* Improved behaviour of text inputs to make text entry and navigation easier.

Bug fixes:

* Crashing when cancelling/resuming saved downloads.

* Character encoding errors in track sharing via SoundCloud connections.

* Searching for people was broken.

* Theming of some custom menu items (search and sorting) was broken by the PR1.1 firmware update.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Version 1.0.2 is now available in Nokia Store, so you can update now and start scrobbling.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Version 1.0.2 is now available in Nokia Store, so you can update now and start scrobbling.
I see that text on store has update with scrobbling text, but the actual version at least on my store app seems to be 1.0.1. Maybe they don't roll the updates to all regions at the same time or something. I'll just wait a bit longer

Tags
music, musikloud, soundcloud