Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Oh, and just to mention quickly that Expansys UK, the great beacon of hope that was touted by various people inside Nokia as our shop of choice even though our operators "were only interested in WP7" ... won't be supplied any N9s by Nokia.
https://twitter.com/expansysUK/statu...31458924347392
(follow up to https://twitter.com/expansysUK/statu...66701146980352)
Astonishing.
Maybe I'll go hang around outside Nokia World next week with £600 in my hand shouting "take my money"?
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Expansys UK now seem to be implying (on Twitter at least) that Nokia won't provide stock for UK suppliers.
This seems to be at odds with what Elop/Nokia have been saying
So freaking dodgy, I remember clearly Elop subtly suggesting when he was emailed:

"The only reason it won't go to the UK, is if the carriers don't want it, & so that's why it's not there, because the carriers don't like it."

Slimey prick...

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-21 at 20:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
If I can manage to convince a reseller in Montreal, Canada to carry the Nokia N9 (he's a personal friend of mine), would there be a demand for it here? To keep things simple, it would probably be only 64gb blacks, coming from Dubai.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jonquark View Post
Not sure what to make of N9 situation in the UK. Expansys UK seem to think they can't get the N9 here. On the other hand, handtec say the hope to ship the first phones next week.

With some level of trepidation, I've preordered from Handtec (URL for those who haven't read the whole thread:
http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php...locked--black-
I've just given up on the UK suppliers and ordered from a German retailer. This is not ideal as I would rather have purchased from the UK (and it would have been cheaper), but this lack of communication and mixed messages on part of the retailers did not help.

On another note, I noticed there is a UK version of the N9 charger called the AC-16X (see attached image) but I have no idea if or when it will be released.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
If I can manage to convince a reseller in Montreal, Canada to carry the Nokia N9 (he's a personal friend of mine), would there be a demand for it here? To keep things simple, it would probably be only 64gb blacks, coming from Dubai.
If you do, I would suggest collaborating in gerbick's thread as to not duplicate "list" efforts, as he seems to be the furthest along towards anything concrete (and Dubai is a possible source for him too):

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...19#post1111819

Though I do have interest if his leads dry up and your canadian reseller sells to the US at a reasonable rate.

Last edited by Drekkie; 2011-10-21 at 21:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by moepda View Post
this total denial of sale/service for the uk really is unacceptable ! to refuse to sell the latest flagship device is beyond belief ....
You are correct. Unfortunately, regardless of how we see it, those in charge at Nokia do not consider the N9 to be their flagship. It's more of a ghost ship.

Who wants to buy a Flying Dutchphone? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Dutchman

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RobbH For This Useful Post:
Worldwidevoltage.com in Illinois has the 16GB N9 for $629. Dunno how legit they are, but might be worth looking into.

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by coomac View Post
Worldwidevoltage.com in Illinois has the 16GB N9 for $629. Dunno how legit they are, but might be worth looking into.
Again... that's a $120 discount on the Expansys US price. Doesn't feel like something I'd want to throw my money at.

Also, don't mean to sound ungrateful or aggro, but didn't you just post this in another thread?

Last edited by shallimus; 2011-10-22 at 16:34.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
expansys uk have now dropped the 64Gb model from their site. Apparantly Nokia won't supply them

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
You are correct. Unfortunately, regardless of how we see it, those in charge at Nokia do not consider the N9 to be their flagship. It's more of a ghost ship.

Who wants to buy a Flying Dutchphone? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Dutchman

sadly true though being the most expensive nokia phone it cant be considered anything less than a flagship even if it is being scuttled by nokia themselves !

Last edited by moepda; 2011-10-22 at 17:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to moepda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
expansys uk have now dropped the 64Gb model from their site. Apparantly Nokia won't supply them
As easy as I find that to believe (and how sad is it that it's even a possibility?): do you have a source/link for that, or is it just a rumour?

Tags
dupe thread, pls merge