you'll have to enable dev mode if you haven't already.
then using the terminal you'll have to find out what process is taking up the cpu (in terminal, landscape so you can see more, type top and press enter, the top process is taking the highest cpu, take note of the highest couple PID's)
then you'll have to kill it.
type: kill <PID>
where <PID> is the number of the process which is the problem.
now you should be able to kill the process, if not try typing in devel-su, and then kill the process, and then type exit (be careful in devel-su).

some processes you won't be able to kill even in devel-su thanks to aegis. in this case i think a reset is best.

as a guide, my top processor users are, sensord, terminal,top,uiserver,xorg,mcompositor,budaemo to mention a few... if your uncertain post your top cpu processors here to make sure your not going to kill anything important (although a simple reboot should fix it if you kill anything important)

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ London
that's way too complicated for my little non-geek brain

Originally Posted by randomdood View Post
you'll have to enable dev mode if you haven't already.
then using the terminal you'll have to find out what process is taking up the cpu (in terminal, landscape so you can see more, type top and press enter, the top process is taking the highest cpu, take note of the highest couple PID's)
then you'll have to kill it.
type: kill <PID>
where <PID> is the number of the process which is the problem.
now you should be able to kill the process, if not try typing in devel-su, and then kill the process, and then type exit (be careful in devel-su).

some processes you won't be able to kill even in devel-su thanks to aegis. in this case i think a reset is best.

as a guide, my top processor users are, sensord, terminal,top,uiserver,xorg,mcompositor,budaemo to mention a few... if your uncertain post your top cpu processors here to make sure your not going to kill anything important (although a simple reboot should fix it if you kill anything important)
What kind of comand I should type to see the processes running?
In fact I have problem with battery drain like others. In 6 - 8 hours my battery is empty without doing anything.....

Try "top" on command line. See post #446.

Let me know if you have "smartsearch" running. I'm getting little bit p...ed with that one. Also, "Search" application is not working for me...

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ London
it actually looks as my phone's battery drains out the most when I set the power saving mode on automatic. I've had the settings to turn it on when the battery goes down to 20% and that would happen around half way through the day. I've left it off today and after using the phone all day I've still got nearly 50%.

Originally Posted by sconf View Post
Try "top" on command line. See post #446.

Let me know if you have "smartsearch" running. I'm getting little bit p...ed with that one. Also, "Search" application is not working for me...
I just saw smartsearch on my list too but it dissappear after awhile. It doesn't show up all the time. I'm clueless what's going on.

Needless to say I can't get decent battery life too, I have Edge (no 3g) activated or WIFI with push mail and connected to skype, google talk, fb chat occasionally, the max i could get would be around 8 to 9 hours of usage time before i need to plug it to power.

Anyway, I print screen the proccesses running when I type TOP, doesn't have smartsearch though during the time when i took it
Attached Images

Have my N9 for a few days now, and are very satisfied in general, but there are two things I miss:

1. An app to remote-control squeezebox
2. An app to control mythtv (or even tighter integration, like stream tv shows..), like mythdroid for android eg.

Anyone knows any solutions?

Apparently for squeezebox it is possible to compile squeezeplay on N900, so how would I go about attempting to compile for N9? Or is that too difficult? I occasionally compiled programs on linux, but mostly following a good readme/howto, so thats about all I know.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
lots of people are finding high battery drain when they enable dev mode and install all the dev tools.
if you are an average user and don't know much about dev tools then dont enable it. it's not worth that 1 thing you want to install. i'd take better battery then alpha application.

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
One reads reviews that talk about freezing and lagging on the phone. Can some of the users please comment regarding their experience with freezing, lagging and VKB please

whats VKB? regarding freezing..so far havent experienced one...lagging...only when its updating ur feeds in the background...other than that its good for 1ghz processor..i have owned nexus one so i can safely say its much better than that...imho.

The Following User Says Thank You to shansp3 For This Useful Post: